Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another Request for Prayer


There are a lot of people in need right now it seems.

My Grandma fell Monday and broke her kneecap. She will have to be off of it for 8 weeks. Good news is that it was a clean break so it should heal well. My poor Mom is the one I'm really sorry for- she has zero help from her brother in regards to her parents and will be the one doing all of the caring for. Grandpa just now got over his knee surgery and that wore Mom out. When I say she does everything for them, I mean everything. She never complains, but it really wears her out. So, if you would, keep both Grandma (Lena) and Mom (Susie) in prayer.

Also, Gene was released from the hospital and is doing well physically, however his heart is still in need of Christ.

Thanks, friends. :)

11 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anglican Mama said...

Hugs to Mom and Grandma. If there's any ladies who bear it well, it's them--I admire your Momma very much. I pray the power of Christ over them, and that they receive a double measure of grace through it.
Loved the picture you did for Grammie, that was ADORABLE. :) You're so talented. If we lived close, you would be my photo editor and specialty product creator!

Countrygirl said...

Will be praying. Very cute picture of Quade.

Anonymous said...

Will keep them lifted up!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

aww, it's so hard when grandparents begin to get older!

Farmgirl Paints said...

I feel that way too. Lots of people hurting and in need. Guess we need to get on our knees and pray.

Elaine said...

Anybody named Lena will have my prayers for sure...and would even if that wasn't her name. Aren't Mom's just amazing. They do so much to care for their own without complaining. God bless them, and may we be as lovely as they are one day.

Elaine said...

I'll miss you :) Maybe I'll make the e-mail list. I know I'm just one of those online long distance "friends" but I really enjoy your words and those adorable pictures of Quade. I totally understand the Lord's calling in this matter and wish you well during your blog break. God bless and happy mothering.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Girl.

I am so blessed with your above post. I hope you don't mind me commenting on it though I see you removed comments?

I am totally in the SAME boat, and have just finished writing an email to a girlfriend about the exact same thing... I'm seeking balance and my blog has become like some weird priority/addiction. Basically, an idol. Ouch right?

I realized last week that it's all out of whack for me, and consuming not only my time, but my thoughts.

That said, I didn't check my computer once yesterday and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I obsessed about it all day long. That is a bad sign.

But I don't want to eliminate it totally. It seems to be the reading and checking of all the other blogs that overwhelm me. and the affirmation I get from them as well. I need to be getting all of that from the Lord alone.

Anyway. I don't know what I'll be doing either, but it will be less and probably different than what it has been. Plus, I'll be homeschooling so I'll have to change my time priorities anyway.

Just wanted you to know that I agree, and I understand cause I'm there too! We just can't let things overtake us.

Blessings friend,
Sasha

Patti said...

Praying! :) I will miss you during your blogging break but I totally respect you listening to the Lord. Just know, I think your are a fantastic woman and mama and the fact that you are so sensitive to being obedient to the Lord is a wonderful thing!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

okay, todays comment might have been the one that made me almost pee in my pants... you gave the gift WITH the card?? I love that story... I laugh with you...

I have regifted many an electric knife. I think I got like six! Who needs even one??? I ask you that.

Paula said...

Hey Sweet Friend - I'll lift all up. Also praying that you experience pease, rest, and a move from the Holy Spirit as you take a break. AND I'll be interested when you return!