Wednesday, December 10, 2008

May It Be Known: I'm a Ding Bat.

Geez, so I feel like a real winner today. I mean, a real, bonafide, true blue, WIN-NER.

I was laying in bed last night at about 9 p.m. (so, we go to bed early some nights, okay?) and I started thinking about the bills I had put in the mail earlier in the  day. The mortgage and the electric bill. The 1st and 3rd largest bills we pay each month. I had done my wifely duty (which is to pay the bills, because after all we want to keep living in our house. Our house with electricity.) but something just didn't seem quite right and I couldn't figure out why! 

So, I began to really think (novel idea) about what day of the week it was. Then I started pondering what the actual date was. Let's see...it's the 9th of December...Car payment is due on the 1st of each month...and then I panicked. I slapped (or softly patted, I should say) B and said "You'll never guess what I did! I paid the house payment instead of the car payment!!!!!" 

I wailed around a little about how ding-batty of a thing that was, and ohmygoodness I'd better get up NOW and write out a check for the car payment that was to be TEN days late, gasp horror shock shock, so I ran (as fast as a largely pregnant woman can) and got the laptop and my checkbook and proceeded to fix the issue.

It was then I realized I had already mailed out a check for the car payment a mere FOUR days ago, and wouldn't ya know the bank already cashed it? 

All of that to say, I successfully paid the January mortgage, December car payment, and the December electric and water bills all out of one paycheck (which, for the record, doesn't exactly work)! I generally split them up between the two checks each month, so we can do things like buy food. 

I felt so dumb. 
So out of sorts. 
So ahead of my bills, it was scary.

Who says we're in an economic crisis? This woman pays the mortgage a month early! 

Thankfully there was money in savings, so I could just transfer the difference and put it back when we get our check next. But still. 

I'm a ding bat. 

Let's move on. 

As of today: it is freezing outside, there are coffee stains on the keyboard, the dishes need done, I need to call the girl who wants her clothes back, I have several loads of laundry to FOLD, B wants to have a Christmas party on Saturday, I finally plunged into the world of Twitter and you should get one, I have most of my Christmas presents bought and wrapped, the book I bought my mil online somehow managed to become lost in the mail, my husband found a pink tractor and is insisting it would make an excellent Christmas present (ha), I'm supposed to make Tiramisu with Grace, AND...I'm 33 weeks and a day (give or take a few) pregnant. 

I especially like the coffee stains on the keyboard. 

Tomorrow, Scooter and I have an appointment with the Doctor. I fully expect it to be a real thriller. At least it's in the morning, so it shouldn't take them the length of eternity to see me. I suspect it will go something like: Blood pressure, heart beat, swelling check, belly measurement, home. She'll say "Everything going well?" and I'll say "Yes." and then she'll ask me if I found a pediatrician for the ninetieth time, and I'll say "I'm working on it." when in reality, I haven't researched nary a soul. I need to call, oh sure, but I just hate working with doctors. I guess I shouldn't say hate. Hate is a strong word. I greatly dislike working with doctors. To me, you go to the Doctor if your sick, not to check the percentile of your weight or the size of your head. However, I imagine I need to find one for the first little while so we can have someone to go to if we have any jaundice issues and so on. 

Anyway, then she'll ask me for the eleventy billionth time "Have you thought about what method of birth control you will use?" and I'll smile and say "I support abstinence." and she won't think that it's near as funny as I do, so I'll have to smile and give her a that-was-a-joke laugh and tell her what the real plan is. Then I'll completely forget to ask her all the questions I've been thinking about for the past 2 weeks. After all of that, she'll say "We'll see ya again in 2 weeks!" - It really is quite the process. I think I will ask her this time when they plan on doing the Group B test. I hear it's less than thrilling and something one would prefer to be prepared for. 

That is all. I'm tired. The dishes still need done and the laundry still needs folded, and I would like to go back to bed. B had me up at 6, and the farther along I get in this journey of the womb, the less energy I have. That equals low productivity. Good thing blogging requires little to no brain power. 

Well, I take that back. It seems to have sapped me pretty good. 

Have a superfantasticwondermouslyglorious Wednesday. Do something absolutely daring today! 

Personally, I'm refusing to go to the 1/2 price day at the thrift store. :o) I know, it's a sacrifice. 

Later  Ya'll! 

5 Thoughts On the Matter:

Nicole said...

I remember those days of being oh-so-pregnant. =) I did some pretty ding bat things, too. Like reversing driving directions in my head on the way to the doctors one afternoon; I made two lefts and a right, instead of two rights and a left. I had the directions written down on a paper right in front of my nose and it still took me 15 min. to figure out I'd done something wrong. =D

Ahhhh, those were the days. They make great posts, don't they?

Oh, and by the way, I found your blog from a comment you left at Heart and Home. Just in case you were wondering who this crazy person is. =)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Well so far I haven't topped ordering a pizza in a completely different town. But I'm not finished yet! ;)
We have more unpleasant tests? Oh joy. I thought the GD was the last of unpleasant tests. Boy, I'm so out of the loop. Or just plain clueless.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

It's definitely the pregnant brain! Don't sweat it...yours should go away just fine...mine didn't of course, but don't worry about it!(smile) funny...ha ha...
When my cousin was preggo...she did laundry...without the clothes! Oh my, what makes that happen? Go to bed early, take a nap tomorrow...it will all be fine!

Jenn said...

It's called Pregnancy Brain... (or so I hear...)

But if that's what's the issue, then what's my excuse?? lol

Ranch wife said...

You are not a ding bat...you are just gestating.

~M~