Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Love This Weather!

Oh it's just wonderful. Highs in the mid 60's, and a breeze that will carry through the house if the right windows are open. I just wish it was here to stay, but we're supposed to have 90's by Sunday. Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. 

Today I opened the windows and cleaned the glass, dusted and febreezed the house. I love it when the house is clean and the thermostat says 73 degrees with nary a need for the a/c. I just kick back in my big cheap chair and prop my feet up with the laptop. 

Oh yeah.

I have found the most fun website called pandora.com - it's a music project where you type in favorite artists or songs and it will find songs that are of similar genre and melody and makes a "radio station". It's so neat, I've found some groups that I didn't know where around because of it. It also plays some songs that you're not apt to hear unless you purchase a cd. Pretty sweet! 

I think Bebe Flowers must like music, because since I've been sitting here with the music on, our little scooter has been jamming. Literally, jamming me in the belly. So much so, that there must surely be a choreography convention happening in the womb.

We're down to 8 days until the big reveal. Everyone is getting antsy, hoping baby cooperates and gives us a show. Grandma's are getting impatient and want results! Even the great-grandma's. Baby Flowers will have two Great Grandma's and one Great Great Grandma. My Great Grandmother is battling a serious form of cancer and on a severity scale of 1-10 she's a 10 and not expected to live much longer. I think she's in her early 80's (my Dad's Mom is only in her early 60's, she had her first at 16) and they did surgery for uterine cancer at her age, which I think was the dumbest thing. She said her goal is to live until our baby is born. That's sweet coming from a woman we never hardly see or talk to except when she wants to. 

We also have a strange relationship with my Dad's Mom, always have. Long story to that, though. All I know is that you can't say we haven't tried. And tried. And tried. And we're still trying, though not as zealously. I guess it's just one of those facts of life. We keep loving, but the closeness is not there, at all. 

ANYWAY. Rabbit trail. 

I have pictures of our latest installments on the family farm. The red cows. They didn't turn out really good though, because we went too close to dark. So, I'll have to try again. They're finally getting used to the routine, which includes a lot of treats. Our smallest baby is particularly fond of them, and can often be seen standing on top of the compost pile with his little head squarely planted on the head of a red cow. He loves to pick fights with them. It's quite hilarious. 

Can't wait for the baby chicks! I bought my chick supplies yesterday at the feed store, and we designed the coop. I think I'll keep my half of the chicks in the dining room until I just can't stand it anymore. I wish my laundry room was bigger, I'd stick 'em in there. It's amazing what one looks forward to in such stages of their life. :) 

Well, I need to get the mail and do the last little bit of dishes before I head over to my Mom's house. Lord bless ya'll! 
Photobucket

4 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are having similar weather! ;) I'm loving it today. And it just feels like fall....Hmmm fall candles are calling my name!

Jenn said...

I LOVE Summer, but I LURVE Fall! I can't wait until we can turn off the a/c and open all the windows. I'm quite excited about it... in fact, I have a blog all about why I love September coming up as soon as I get a chance. I've been training a new girl, then trying to work out every night, AND cook diiner and eat before 7:30... eh... it can be done but it's NOT easy! Anyway, hope you have a blessed, loverly Friday and weekend Banana!

Love~
Chiquita

Anglican Mama said...

Yay for pretty weather! When I think of a breeze going through your house, I hear your windchimes. I still haven't found any, but I'm still lookin'!

Yay for baby, can't wait to hear. How cool, you've got a dancer. I imagine that feels sweet, unless of course they're passionate. :p

Jenn said...

I was wondering who on Earth Jordan was! lol I meant to ask earlier, how did you do your signature? I like and wanna copy!