Friday, July 18, 2008

I sat down tonight with the intention of writing something of profound greatness.


Wait. I never really do that. 

What I need is answers. Answers to questions. Like, why do I have a horrible swollen sore throat, nagging cough and painful ears when it has been no cooler than 98 degrees all week? 

Why must I cough all night long even though I sleep sitting up, as if I were ready to play cards or watch a movie?

Can you tell me why I went to bed at 8:30 last night and woke up at 9 p.m, 10 p.m., 12 a.m., 4 a.m, 7 a.m., and then a final time at 9 a.m.? 

(Besides the fact that I'm pregnant and maybe God is preparing me for a newborn. I need answers akin to...take 3 dehydrated lemon peels 5 x's daily for relief....or something.) 

I would also like to know why my husband thinks he can buy a fishing boat at this point in our life.

Looks like more of a statement than a question. Did you catch that? 

I'm worn smooth out. Like a tired greyhound that's ran one too many race. 
I'm beat. Like a dirty mexican rug. Outside. With a stick. 

Please pray that I feel better soon, and that this cold/sore throat/bacteria/virus/whatever it is vacates my body real quick, because growing a baby is enough to wear a person out. I don't need to be growing ameba or protozoa or streptococcus too. 
 
Hope ya'll have a superb weekend. 
-LeAnna

Oh, and while I'm in the questioning mood. I'd also like to know why our city water has to be contaminated with higher than normal nitrate levels, now. 

Looks like I'll be making frequent trips to Mom and Dad's to fill up my water jugs with well water. I like to think of well water as the water of choice anyhow. 
I tell myself this as a way of comfort.
Or something like that. 

I'm off to inhale Vicks Vapor. 

Peace out. 


2 Thoughts On the Matter:

Jenn said...

Dang. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I'm sorry you're feeling like a mexican rug... lol, can't help but laugh at that! I wish I had some answers for you. I've heard though that when you're pregnant you have cold-like symptoms on and off.

We have city water too and it was out yesterday so I'm assuming we're under a boil water notice which is a BIG FAT PAIN. One day we'll have well water again.

I hope you start feeling better and I'm off for the next week so I have no excuse for not emailing you back. I'm hoping to get one your way today. Feel better mam!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sorry your feeling bad. My throat has been slightly sore off and on...so it's probably just part of the process! I hear ya about being worn out...I'm so exhausted all the time at 7 and half weeks....I wonder how I'll be by the time I'm 12! Ohwell,I'll take that over throwing up any day.Anyways, praying that you start feeling better soon!