This is likely to be short, as I am currently suffering from not-much-sleep-itis.
Long, uninteresting story short, I finally went to the family doctor for this obnoxious infection of whatever sorts. After 3 nights in a row of coughing almost non stop until 2 or 3 in the morning, I figured it was time.
So I went and saw the local family RNP. He didn't really say what I had. Just that I was close to an ear infection and needed some antibiotics for the infection in my chest/throat and ear. So, bright pink horse pills here I come. I can barely swallow my prenatal vitamins, and these aren't much smaller. Hurray. This also means I must be vigilant in my acidophilus taking skills because I do not want a yeast infection.
He also prescribed me a guaifenesin/codeine syrup that I was less than thrilled to receive. He said it was safe and that I could do some research on it if I wasn't comfortable. So, I asked the pharmacist and he told me that if it were him he'd take a 1/4 dose and see if that helped, plus only take it at night and not for many days. I didn't find that too comforting.
I did some research online and found several women who are taking it regularly for migraine headaches. (In tylenol 3) And also found out that is a category A in Australia and New Zealand, available OTC and considered normal treatment.
Typically, Australia and New Zealand have tougher pharmaceutical requirements than a lot of other countries, including the US. I wouldn't hesitate in saying that of all countries, those two are on the up and up in the medical field.
Codeine is considered more of a problem among long term users, considering that it may cause dependancy in the infant. Don't think I'm gonna have an issue there.
So, then I had to stop and think. If the FDA approved Celebrex and all the other drugs that have recently been pulled off the market for reasons of death, can you really trust what they say about anything?
I'll have to wait till tonight and see what happens. I'm hoping with the antibiotics, this will clear up. I've pretty much decided that I've been worrying an awful lot about all this medicine stuff. I have NO idea where I got this crud, or how, or why for goodness sakes I got it in the middle of July. I've just been praying protection over our little bean and need to let Jesus take care of him/her.
Meanwhile, I stay informed. Did you know being pregnant requires a lot of study and reading? Phooey. I never did like school.
One more note, this nurse practitioner I went to did refer me to an OB who comes highly recommended at the hospital I was looking at. This is good news. I was really not feeling so sure about the other girl that my friend recommended. I'm going to call and see if I can get an appointment.
One more week and I'm in the 2nd trimester. I will be so thrilled to start feeling better. Any day now. It's been so bad, every night I beg for the rapture to take place in between body-racking coughs. I figure that I could at least help wake the dead in Christ...
All kidding aside, I did a lot of crying out to Him last night. I was hurting, and I couldn't breathe. It wasn't 30 minutes after I broke down sobbing that I drifted off to sleep and didn't wake up until 7:45 this morning. He's good, even though it often doesn't mean miraculous healing. The pain can still be there, but His peace brings rest even in the midst of it.
Have a happy Monday!
LeAnna

4 Thoughts On the Matter:
I am so sorry you have been feeling so lousy. Glad you went to the doctor, and will be praying the medicine will work. Don't worry so much! The Lord is good, and He will look after you and that little one.
Am praying for a restful night.
~M~
Bummer...nothing worse than a summer cold and being pregnant with it. God is good...you'll be well soon! Stay rested and push water! Best medicine ever!!! Hang in there.
p.s. haven't had time to try those darn pancakes yet!
Feel better,and rest, rest, rest. Hopefully the meds are working for you now. Take care of you and little one too.
sorry that you have been feeling so crumby.... if it helps i had like three major colds with sore throat and coughs while pregnant with caleb... but i did not get sick at the beginning........ so happy that you are going to have a little one.... you wont even know how much you can love someone.....its just incredible..... my baby is growing up and has taken his first steps... it makes me sad somewhat...... but anyways seriously will get that letter out to you.... even if it is ramblings
Post a Comment