Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Story time with LeAnna. It's long. It's random. And it's full of nothing important.

Okay, so the blog police are after me!? Poor innocent, me? That's it, I'm going to write about as much random stuff as I can think of. Take that Blog Police! ;) 


I have to admit, it's been a whole week. I'm usually more of an every 3 days type of blogger, but the past week has been a busy one. Even the weekend seemed like it was on-the-go, to an extent. What with the new animals, and work, and my husbands new love for taking walks every evening. We've also been trying to do a little work here and there on the house. We rented a tractor on Monday and spent the afternoon/evening grading the front and back yard so that we could plant seed. Then it decided to rain, which was wonderful. Only, we had 4 hours on the tractor and had to get our money worth, so Brandon did it in the rain. The only problem is that it's been raining ever since, off and on. It would be perfect if there was seed in our mud, but no such luck. You cant plant seed and sludge through mud at the same time. Right now it's been raining since about 4 a.m, and hasn't stopped yet. Do you want to know how I know it's been raining since 4 am, on a morning in which I had the privilege of sleeping in? Because our new dogs are absolutely terrified of storms. I mean, terrified. They bark, howl, whine, and scratch the garage door...and they start about 30 minutes before whatever storm is coming in. This happened Monday evening, too. Or, tuesday morning really. We ended up putting them in the laundry room, but last night that didn't work. They took one scratch at my laundry room door and I planted their fannies out in the garage, back in their kennel and wired it shut all over. Oh, and I tranquilized them.....
That's one of the conveniences of working for a vet. I told my boss that I was going to take tranquilizers home, or the dogs wouldn't have a home. I just don't do dogs that scratch stuff up, and now I know why they were in a shelter. They more than likely run away during storms. Other than that, they're the sweetest dogs on the planet, but when there's a storm around they go bonkers. May is not a good month for storm-fearing dogs in Oklahoma. I think tonight I will tranquilize them before we go to bed, to avoid the getting up and wiring their cages shut ordeal. I told Brandon this is God's way of getting us used to babies. Only, they are awake at all hours storm or no storm. Plus, you can't tranquilize them. Lord help us. And when I say tranquilizers I'm not talking abut hard-core stuff. It's acepromazine, you can google it if you like, or read here. While we're on the topic of googling and so on, did you know that if you type in Planting Morning Glory Seeds  into ask.com, it will pull up like fifty million ways to get high on morning glory seeds??? I did that the other day to see if anyone had luck in planting morning glories in part sun/shade and all I got was ways to trip on morning glory seeds. What in the world? 

Oh! I'm so excited! Lord willing, we're going to Colorado for our 2nd year anniversary! Wooohoo! Brandon surprised me with that last Thursday. We should be going the weekend of the 13th of June and will be gone around a week I think. We're going to take some four-wheelers and rent a cabin. That means picnics in the mountains and all sorts of fun. We're praying that Brandon will be able to find a good used truck before then. He really needs another one, because someone is always driving his out of town for jobs. As a matter of fact, the clutch just went out on it, and his guys spent all of last night putting a new one in it. So we're praying that money comes in from the jobs we're on right now, and that he'll be able to find a good truck for a good deal. This older one (it's a 95) he has now has been the best truck he's ever had. He payed next to nothing for it, and has done nothing but put new tires on it and add 65,000 miles to it since October of 2006. It's completely paid for, so we're going to trust the Lord for another good one like that to come along. 

Hm, do you remember the For Sale Sign Flier Dispersion Fiasco? Brandon was outside the other day and found a whole stack of those gathered fliers stuck under a bag of bark mulch beside the garage. 
I laughed, and I laughed. And then I laughed some more. Ha ha, I still laugh when I think about it. Our neighbors probably think we are just too much. Speaking of our neighbors, they're an awful unfriendly bunch. You know, I'm outside quite a bit mowing the grass...okay, so not really, but I am outside in the flower beds often. The neighbor across the street is kinda creepy, he comes outside when I'm outside and talks on his cell phone really loud. And tells me my flowers are pretty. Maybe I just have my creep-o-meter on high, but that kind of weirds me out a bit. Anyway, he bought a lawnmower belt from my Dad who has a 4-wheeler/lawn mower shop and he even told my Dad our flowers were pretty. That's nice, my Dad said. Or something like that, I'm sure. Okay, so anyway...the people next door are older, and she is out watering her flowers all the time too. She never says anything to me. Now, I know,  I know- I could walk over my mud into her grass and be friendly, but usually when I'm outside I'm on a mission. I'm throwing rocks away, or bricks, or picking up flowering goat head weeds so they don't re-seed. Serious business, I tell you. Sometimes I wave a flowered goat head weed her way, and I talk to her dog Dory all the time. Dory likes me, but the neighbors like Brandon. When Brandon is outside the man comes over and says things like "Hey Brandon, how's it going, we're going to have you and Leanne -that's her name, right?-over one of these days real soon." and so forth and so on and such. And my sweet husband never has the heart to say "Her name isn't leanne, it's LeAnna." not that it matters because people never get it right anyway. I gave up correcting people long ago, except for yesterday when I went to get my 10-but-they-always-take-35-minute oil change. He asked me if I was leanne and I told him no, I was LeAnna. And he laughed at me, and said "That's what I meant." And I laughed an inner and laugh and thought to myself, whatever, dude. But anyway, back to the neighbors. The ones that live at the end of the street are particularly unfriendly. We will wave and say hi and they just ignore us. Isn't that rude? 
So, we walk down the street to the other housing addition and talk to the people down there, they are much more friendly. That's one of the reasons I prefer living in the country verses the city. Country people are just more friendly. Not to mention you're so far way from a house that you can leave your windows open and walk across the room naked as a blue jay if you want. Not that I do that, or anything...it's the principal. 

I think I'll conclude this long-winded post about nothing. It's just so nice and relaxing today. Rainy and overcast. My hubby is home in his office working, I hear birds chirping regardless of the rain...oh, and my laundry is about done. Just one of those days where you keep your house dark and light candles, and play good music...oh, and do laundry. I'm resisting the temptation to make cookies. I don't need cookies. I don't need butter. I don't need cookies. I don't need butter. I don't need cookies. I don't need butter....I'm going to repeat this to myself for the next hour. Pray for me, and I'll pray for all of you who trudged through this to the bitter end. May you not need any psychological help afterwards. =) 

Love you friends, each and every one!
-LeAnna 

PS: There are several of you who will like this. Brandon has decided to name his dog. Now, my dog is named Sage, but Brandon has decided to name his dog..................Jennifer................
HAHA. It's true. He thinks it's so funny that I have like fifty (give or take 45) friends named Jennifer, so he laughed one of his not-so-inner laughs and said he's naming his dog Jennifer, and he's going to call her Jen. I think all of you Jen's, Jenn's, and Jennifer's should be proud. You have succeeded in taking over the world. ;) 

4 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anglican Mama said...

Yay, I just commented on your last post to submit it and find another one! :-) You must have just logged off, my dear.
Has Jen relayed to you our brainstorming? We'll have to pray some more, and brainstorm some more, but I asked Mom and Dad about a possible trip to OK-to-NM, and they didn't have any objections at all. :-) And Mom even thinks that the company has frequent flyer miles that will take care of the plane ticket--all I would need to do is split gas with you. *gasp*

I put name suggestions for the girls on the last post's comment. :-) You're pretty boundless if you want to name them after classic literature (which I'm prone to do even when naming goldfish). I like Mercedes (The Count of Monte Cristo) and Gwenivere (King Arthur)???
Sounds romantic.

I would call you this evenin, but I know your hubby is home and I need to get supper started early. We're going to Bible study tonight, so we'll be getting ready for that too. But I'm thinking about you and hope you're having a splendid week thus far.
Love, prayers, :hug:, and all that good stuff. :-)

Anglican Mama said...

I just read your PS.
And laughed.

Jenn said...

I LOVE story time with LeAnna! And I am one special girl b/c I got a story time blog AND a story time email! (Which I read, and will reply shortly!) I love the randomness... It sounds like a conversation we might have on the phone. I always do that... run off on tangents... "Speaking of this that and the other..." and before I know it I've completely lost my track of thinking.

I just want to say we have unfriendly neighbors too, Google has gotten me into trouble too, my dog is scared of storms too (can I have some of that tranquilizer please? lol), people never get my last name right, (and actually, everytime I say it, I always spell it out right after b/c they're either going to get it wrong or ask me to spell it anyway. Oh yeah, and I LOVE freshly baked cookies!!

I think Jennifer was the #1 name back in the early 80's which is when I'm sure most of the Jennifer's you know were born. I was born in 84. Reading this has made me smile and I really needed it today. Thank you for the laugh!

Have a good rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

Muawhmuawh! The Jen's taking over the world, I like the sound of that! LOL! I loved story time with LeAnna. It made me happy! :)