Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finally, maybe, hopefully...on the down-hill slide


BLAH. Thats how I felt today. We leave at 8 or 9 in the morning, work all day, get home at 8 or 9 p.m and start all over in the morning. Brandon is a stickler, he likes getting up early and going to bed early. I get my energy around 8 p.m and like sleeping until at least 7:30 in the morning. This causes conflict, and I wake up to bright lights and a certain someone staring at me or tickling my feet. This has nothing to do with the house though. That's a whole 'nother story. We finally are on the down-hill-few as in 1 or 2 weeks-soon to be finished slide. Whenever you're building a home, your money is like sand in an hour glass, the closer it gets, the faster it goes, and as it creeps down the final stretch it looks awfully small.  Yes, indeed.
I want a dog, but I doubt a fence will be on top priority. I prefer dogs in the country, but in this case, we're on 2 acres in the city, a fence would be necessary. I want a big dog, too. No cat. If I get a cat, slap me. Of course, then it will be the best cat ever. The only problem is that cat's poop in your flower beds, and that is disgusting. If you don't have somewhere else for them to hang out (ie; a barn)  they ultimately will poop in your favorite flower bed. I might forgive a solitary flower bed, but not my favorite flower bed. No way. I don't even HAVE a flower bed, none the less a favorite flower bed. So, whatever.
Let's see, what else. Oh, we are nearly finished grouting, yay!!! We ordered carpet, yay!!! We put in all put two of our lights, yay!!!! We're all "plugged" and "switched", yay!!! We have appliances, yay!!!! I want to put pic's on here, but I don't have up to the minute pic's, only from a week ago, or so.

      
My red study, I love it.
This is how we did our tile floors, with the wood divisions...

My sweetie doing the tile in the guest bath.

Working hard...

 
Pretty, eh? He's good. 

Well, I'm off to finish my laundry. :) How is John 15 coming??? ;) 

-LeAnna

4 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's looking so good! Ya'll are getting close!

Anglican Mama said...

Oh wow. I'd be making myself sick with excited! :-) I'm sure the pics don't do it justice!
I'm gonna go naturale here soon too...I'm tired of the skunk stripe down the middle of my part. It's amazingly prevelant in my picture on here...eek.

Anglican Mama said...

LOL--do we reply to comments on our own blog, or here??? :-)
Mom and Dad are still tossing up a trip to Amarillo in January, which means we'll be coming your way...yay! :-)

Anglican Mama said...

I thought so too, it's easier commentin' thataway.
Teehee, of course we'll stop! If you don't mind all ten of us invading y'all, we'd love to see you. I know, it has been too long...I need some face-to-face Banana time. :-(