Boy, it's been a rough weekend/first part of the week. I felt so sorry for Brandon, he has just really felt horrible. He ended up having to work until 6 p.m. on Sunday, and he was pale and dragging by the time he made it home. I made him an appointment at the clinic up the road for some blood work. He woke up Monday morning still battling the headache, and at 8:30 we were at the Dr's office. The Doctor gave us two options, go have a CAT scan done, or fill a script for some tension headache medicine. He was really concerned about the sudden onset of the headache, and the fact that it was going on 48 hours of zero relief. We agreed to go have a CAT scan done, and they got him in that afternoon.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Been Quite the Week For only Tuesday!
To be honest, I think we did the scan for peace of mind. Sure, he could have probably just taken the medicine and waited a few days, but we (or maybe it was just myself) needed to know. It came back completely clear, praise Jesus!
They drew his blood before we left, which caused him to Vagal (the person usually gets nauseated, starts to feel very warm, their blood pressure and heart rate hit the floor and they pass out) not once, but twice. The nurse was trying to keep pressure on his arm where they stuck him (he's a slow clotter), hold him up with his shoulder to keep him from hitting the floor, while I was on the other side with Quade screeching on one knee, propping my poor sweetie up with the other. It was a site. He came back to and they hooked him up to check his blood pressure and heart rate (which was at 45) - it was just a little scary! Apparently, the Vagal response is pretty common in men when having blood drawn. Good thing they don't have to give birth! As many times as I had to be stuck that last 2 months of pregnancy, he'd of never made it!
We got his blood results back in today, and everything looked great, which totally surprised me! I was certain his sugars would have come back with some issues, but apparently not. His cholesterol is too high (which just goes to show, just because you're a bean pole doesn't mean you can't have high cholesterol!). I told him he couldn't be eating bacon and biscuits for breakfast all the time. Looks like cheerios and bananas will be on the menu more often. (At least he does eat a lot of oatmeal when it's cold out.)
I'm glad it all came back normal, but we still have to figure out why the long-lasting headaches. I think I'll make him an appointment with a chiropractor, it very well could be muscle tension causing the problem. I'm just praising the Lord it's not anything serious. We'll just keep trusting and believing until we find out what the culprit is.
On Monday Quade turned 6 months old. Tomorrow I'll have some new pictures up of the big boy. He hit a lot of milestones during his 5th month, and a lot of things changed on the home front, too. But, you can read all about that tomorrow. :)
Thank you all for the prayers on Brandon's behalf. We really appreciate your love and support. I have to run now, I'm babysitting 3 little girls this week and have several things to get done before I need to be over there. Yesterday was a whirlwind, so the house was neglected.
Here's a picture to tide you over (though you really only want Quadey pictures, I know!) Me and my sugar-baby. Tired and worn out from the day, but 6 months is a big milestone to not get Momma in on it, too.
Enjoy this beautiful Tuesday (it's gorgeous here!)
From the Mind of LeAnna at 11:12:00 AM


6 Thoughts On the Matter:
Great news about Brandon - at least if they can't find what it is - they can rule out what it isn't. Quade is so big. That's a cute picture of both of you. Happy 6 months, Quade.
So glad everything came back fine! The picture of you and Quade is adorobale!
Very glad to hear B is feeling better. I'll keep him in my prayers. Yikes! That must've been scary!
I know I haven't been around much... busy getting the new house ready for move-in day. Hurrah! The washer and dryer were installed today, and I can't believe I get to do laundry now IN MY OWN HOME!
Can I get a whoop-whoop?? Anyone, anyone??? ;)
So glad that the test came back fine. Sounds like a migraine...they can last for days sometimes. The Chiropractor may help alot as well.
~M~
I am just loving "knowing" you!! Your comments always make me smile every day...
I am totally going to try those food suggestions. I have never done any of them! How crazy is that?
Thankyou so much darlin'
Did I mention that I love the ducky tubs-they are awesome! Thx for the sweet comment today...it was just a good day all around-hope you had one too. Aquaphor seems to be helping tons with the eczema:) I guess I can't wait to see the longhorn outfit-and that is hard for me to say being the Aggie! Quade is just a such a handsome little guy...and have I mentioned I love his name. I love that the blogworld has provided me with such fun new friends-thanks for keeping in touch and I can't wait to watch the little ones grow up in pics together. Have a good weekend! I think Pioneer Woman would be envious of your chicken raising, by the way.
Post a Comment