That is what I be. I mean to tell ya, I have been plumb whooped today. Just drained. Like the life has been sucked right outta me.
Well, it kind of has.
Quade was up most of the night wanting to nurse every hour and a half or two. He hasn't done that in a LONG time and it just wore me out. He's been pretty much cranky all day today, and I'm 99.9% sure it's due to teething. He wanted to nurse all.day.long, the amount of drool was unreal, and his bottom gums were puffy. He drooled so much he was choking himself on it. So, tonight I finally gave him a 1/2 dose of of baby tylenol before I nursed him to sleep. I hope he sleeps good tonight, for his sake. He did not nap well today, and he has little circles under his eyes.
Did I mention I'm pooped? I need spinach, and liver, and other various nasty forms of iron. I feel anemic. To top it all off (TMI), Aunt Flow decided to show up week before last (um, yes, right at 5 months of exclusive-round the clock breast feeding, too. Dagnabbit.) so I'm sure that didn't help my hormonal state. My hair is falling out. The only remotely encouraging thing is that I officially only have 1/2 a pound to lose before I'm to my pre-preg (pre-miscarriage) weight.
However, the 8 chocolate covered peanut butter crackers I ate today probably didn't keep it there.
Peanut butter has iron in it, right?
Anyway.
Today, I was in such a fog.
I stood at the kitchen sink, trying to wash a peanut butter jar in cold water. I was staring out the window thinking to myself how difficult the hot water was being. Why isn't it turning hot? I was just for sure that the hot water tank messing up, when I looked down and realized the water was turned all the way to the right, rather than the left. You know, where the hot water comes from. :sigh: Been one of those days.
My sister spent most of the day with me, which I appreciated. She did her best to entertain Quade while I tried to function properly. I managed to get the house cleaned, dishes done, floors vacuumed and laundry mostly finished. It took so long though, I felt like nothing was accomplished.
I had to take her to work, and 5 minutes before she was supposed to be there realized I couldn't find the truck keys. I searched high and low and finally found them, getting her to work in the nick of time. After I drove her to work, I decided I couldn't go back home. I needed to get the blood pumping to my brain, so Quadey and I drove to Lowes to look for a clothes line thingamajig. He slept the entire time, which was great. I didn't find what I was looking for, however I did find an entire rack of recyclable toilet paper and paper towels for $1.07 a pack. They were just like Seventh Generation, only on clearance. You can't beat .50 a roll for paper towels hardly, or a 4 pack of double roll toilet paper for 1.07. So, I loaded up my cart. I had 24 rolls of paper towels and 9 packs of toilet paper. It was a site.
Of course, I ran into someone I knew and they asked why I was buying so much toilet paper.
Duh, it's cheap.
Oh, and um, I was buying some for my Mom and Grandma, too...
I'm used to getting myself into awkward thrifty situations like such. Who buys 10 jars of peanut butter for everyone she knows just because it's .89 a jar? Me.
Who bungee straps over sized chairs and ottomans from the thrift store to the back of her very small SUV? Yeah, me.
After Lowes I ran into the hardware store to find my clothes line thingamajig. I also had to buy mouse traps, and mouse bait and mouse killing supplies because the mice are terrible here. It's not even fall yet, and I have mice problems. I figure I'll kill them all now before they decide the house is warm and cozy for the winter. You'd think it'd be too nice and cozy for the summer, but they are apparently cold natured and feel that roasting in a 115 degree attic is wonderful.
I refuse to bait them and have them run off and die in my walls though. I've already endured two of them this year, and it's a bad, bad, bad smell. I can't stand the nasty things. They're eating the dog food in the garage and the chicken food in the shed. I'd get some cats, but be it my luck they would be PETA-issued and not believe in eating mice. Then I would have cat food for the mice to munch on, too. And cat poop in my garden.
I don't do cat poop in the garden.
It has been hot here. 100+ degrees (with high humidity) every day. One of my pretty white hens died, along with 3 of my chicks. It's just too hot for them, I guess. The dogs have their own kiddy pool now. Only it's not really a kiddy pool, it's a plastic Christmas tree box, but you could never tell them. It's a pond with wide mouth bass in it for all they know.
Right now I'm ready for a soak in the tub. I have half a mind to be in bed by 9:30 tonight...
I'll post some videos from today...Rachel (my sister) caught Quade on video doing his little bunny hop thing he's mastering. He is now able to navigate the living room quite well. Earlier this evening I found him munching on a stack of Biblical commentaries that are under one of the end tables in the living room. Oh man, I'm not ready for him to be in everything. He's already such an ape. I need to find some energy and find it fast.
Ya'll have a great week,
LeAnna

4 Thoughts On the Matter:
Sorry you feel so pooped. :( I have been feeling that way myself, I think it's just hormones. Anyhoo, hope you feel better tomorrow!
Get rested up...think of somewhere yummy to eat for Thursday!
Oh how I remember those days of just being DOG tired! Hang in there it will pass all too soon.
Can't wait to see ya Thursday...my mom is coming too!
Oh my! Look at him! He's gonna be off and running in no time! Doesn't seem like he should be old enough to do that yet.... Didn't you just have him? :)
Post a Comment