Sunday, May 31, 2009

Momma's Lil' Gooby

Quade is affectionately known around here as either Quadey, Quaders, Quadums, or quite randomly, Gooby. I was never one much for "pet" names. I mean, I call Brandon "Babe" but who doesn't call their significant other that at one point or another? It's the universal nickname for sweetheart's sweethearts.

However, since having this sweet little guy, the nicknames are aplenty! 

He's just...such a Gooby! 
I even find myself making up silly songs for diaper changing!

Can't tell you how many times I've referred to a dipie-ipie-iper and a wipie-ipie-iper for the hiney-inie inie.
Does being a Momma give you the right to act like a...
Well...a Gooby?

(He was teething and didn't feel the greatest that morning, hence the solemn face..)

I sure hope so! 

Ah well. I kind of like the Gooby rights. 
I guess it's no surprise. I've always been a bit of a goob(y)er. :) 

Hope your weekend was a great one. We enjoyed ourselves and had a nice relaxing day today. This week is crazy busy, though! 
I've got to get ready for company and the desert sojourn in less than two weeks...
Plus, Brandon has to have a root canal asap, so I need to set him up an appointment for that.
(Dentists are such a pain to deal with...)
I'm going to try to make it into town and hit Old Navy and Ross sometime this week. 
I have 3 ebay auctions that are finishing up at the end of the week. (My 4.99 KitchenAid meat grinder attachment that I bought at the thrift store is up to $16 already, woohoo!)
Then there's the tag to the car that needs purchased before I get a ticket. 
And laundry to be done...
Phew, I'm glad it's still Sunday. I think I'll finish resting and then think about the rest tomorrow. That's what Monday's are for, anyway. =) 

Wonderful week to you all!
Love,
LeAnna 

2 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing all the nicknames you can come up with! ;)

Paula said...

Pet names around our place -

Bailey - PookyBoock, Sue Boogers, Sisser, BaileyBoo.

Ricky - Bo, BoJo, Bobo, Hoge, Goober.

Klay & Kash - The K's, Klay Booger Dooger, Kashman, Crashman!

See - you'll acquire even more as they get older!

He's a doll and I'm in love!