Seems like Monday is a good day to show ya the cute videos I take over the weekend. Well, at least I think they are cute, being head Momma and all. It's my place in life to think that, and I find great satisfaction there. ;)
But first, we have some pictures.
These boys are my favorites. I caught them browsing the youtube videos I'd posted.
I love Quade's reflection in the screen!

He was doing his best to see what was going on. He's recently discovered the TV, and thinks the flashy bright lights are pretty cool.

Here we are with Grammie, Aunt Rachie and Gramp's hand. They all love the Quadey, but Grammie is a baby hog.

Oh, this was just too funny. Mom put that blanket on his head and he gave her a terrible look!

Here we are fixing to go to Gram's house. If he's in a particularly good mood, he gives me some of the funniest faces right after I put him in his seat.

This was the day it snowed and snowed, so he got one more wear out of his camo outfit. I tell ya what, I had his sizing all off. For one, I wasn't expecting a baby that weighed less than 6 pounds, but they make the sizes on everything so different. He had a whole mess of cute winter clothes that came nowhere close to fitting him in time. Oooh well...

We had a good weekend, albeit a chilly one. Friday it was rainy and cold, and by the evening it was turning into snow. We woke up Saturday morning to a nice wet dusting of white stuff. It quickly warmed above freezing, but continued to snow most of Saturday morning. By late afternoon the sky had broke and it was all melted!
Saturday morning we went and ate breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. Thankfully Quade slept the whole time we ate. Brandon took us to some furniture stores and I finally found some barstools for cheap! I'd been looking and looking, and finally found some neat ones at the rustic furniture store. They're going to custom paint them and everything, for cheaper than what I was looking at buying some used. Brandon also ordered himself a cowhide office chair. He'd been wanting one for a long time. He also seems to think a living room couch with cowhide would be awful cool. Heh!
After that we grabbed a Starbucks and went to look at pickups. Since Brandon sold his other 2, he's been driving his big ol' farm truck and that thing sucks the fuel. We've just been praying that he finds one reasonable. Used car/truck prices have really gone up!
Saturday evening we went out to my parent's and spent the rest of the daylight hours looking for a baby calf. We think one of the cows had one, and it disappeared. That always chaps our hide. I guess coyotes must have got it. Mama cows sure can hide their babies good, but we looked everywhere. My mare still hasn't foaled yet, and I don't know what to think about that. She was bred April 1st-3rd of last year. She has all the signs of getting close to foaling, but we've been waiting 2 weeks! My sister says you can feel the foal move, but I dunno. We don't have any experience with horses giving birth.
Went to Church with my parent's Sunday, and that was so nice. Afterwards, we had a birthday party for my great-grandma. Hard to believe I have a great grandma that is the same age as my Grandpa. I also have an Aunt who is the same age as my great-Aunt. All of the women on my Dad's side of family had babies when they were in their teens, all the way down to my cousins. My great-Uncle was even there with two of his ex-wives. Quite the party, let me tell you! My Dad's family are a bunch of weirdo's - and so full of drama. Lord knows I've had enough drama in the extended family department here lately! I can't handle anymore for a while!
Anyone ever tried Larabars? I ordered some on Amazon. They are 100% fruit and nut bars. That's all that are in them, no added sugar just fruit, nuts and maybe some spice. I got a variety pack with Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, and Chocolate Coconut chew. The chocolate chew is great! I wasn't sure how I'd like them, but they are really good. Each bar has a good 4-6 grams of protein, and without the extra sugar they really are filling. Perfect for breakfast on the go. They were a little more pricey than a store bought granola or fruit bar, but I like the fact they have nothing but fruit and nuts in them. There are tons of flavors, too, and they even have a chocolate variety pack. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the fact they each have about 10 grams of fat. I figure because it's all good fat (mostly the nuts, I'm sure) that it's probably not near as bad as eating a sugary fruit bar with a few grams fewer of fat. Hmm, wishful thinking or is there something to it?
I've become rather fond of Amazon's food department. I picked up some organic olive oil that Mom had tried. It was way cheaper than buying it at the health food store. You have to watch your prices with shipping, though. Sometimes it ends up being way more expensive.
Anyway, I'm just babbling on and on here. I can't believe it's already 4:30! I really need to sweep and mop the floors, and vacuum. Not to mention, start something for supper! I'm posting the videos at the end here. There are two of Quade chatting it up with his Daddy, and one of him rolling over. Brandon loves it when Quade lays there and talks to him. So precious!

5 Thoughts On the Matter:
I've been wondering when you were going to post! :) Loved your pictures and videos! TOO cute! :)
I take offense at the Grammie Baby hog statement. :) We deserve to hog those babies. We deserve it I tell you!. Getting to hold a baby you didn't have to labor for 24 hours to have is a reward from the Lord!
~M~ aka....Baby hog!
So cute, LeAnna! Pictures and videos both!!
Beware, a long lengthy email is headed your way. ;)
Way too cute!! I do agree though, Grammies (or CG, in my case) can kind of hog the babies (or niece, in my case)!!!
Very cute video's. I love the picture where he's watching the laptop!
Post a Comment