These pictures were taken Sunday morning...
Quade says:
"Hurry UP Baby Ranch Tadpole! I need a buddy..."

Now he is checking out Daddy, who is reading the latest Progressive Farmer magazine.

All dressed up for Church with Grammie and Gramps.

Quit photo-graffin me.

"Mom, Is that Tadpole EVER gonna come??"

Needless to say, we were a little excited about the baby yesterday. I mean to tell ya, when it's one of your best friends in labor and they live 8 hours away, it's tough on a gal! It's been so fun to have a pregnancy buddy and now we get to watch out little guys grow up. It is also pure coincidence that we both chose "Q" names for our boys. I always teased Jen about us being on the same wave length, 'cause we're two peas in a pod about a lot of things...and when we told each other our baby names, we had a good laugh. I mean, what are the odds of us both picking out names that start with Q?
We had quite a weekend at our casa. Brandon sold both of his big pickups and a bull calf all within a few hours of each other on Saturday, so we rushed to and fro taking documents and other such needed information to their appropriate people. We had to drive one of the trucks all the way across town for a guy, but at least it's out of our hair. Now B is down to one last truck, and it's the most uncomfortable one of them all. ;) Lovely hay spike included.
We're trying to decide what to do about vehiculars. Whether or not to trade my Volvo in on a 4 door pickup for him and get me a used Tahoe/Ford Explorer type truck that we can pay cash for, or what...I absolutely hate playing musical cars, but we both think getting out of the Volvo would be the best thing to do. Poor thing hasn't been the same since we wrecked. Isn't that how things go? You have a perfectly functional vehicle that you're happy with, and out of no where someone ruins it. And, even though insurance pays to "fix" it, it never drives the same. Now my rear tires bald on the insides and if feels like you're driving a brick on wheels. But WHATEVA.
Onward used truck sales!
So, we sold our 2007 bull calf, for cheap. It was kinda sad, but better than feeding him, I guess. I better never have a dog with puppies, I'll be that crazy person that keeps them all. Actually, I take that back. I'm all about making a buck, you know. ;)
Also, this weekend we became the proud owners of a large pile of aged goat manure.
Yep, you read that right.
Goat m'nure. Aged.
It's for my garden, and my horticulture fanatic friend Grace says it's Gardener's Gold - that's what she said. It's gonna make my vegetables grow like they did in the garden of Eden in this classic Oklahoma red dirt.
As long as I remember to water them, that is. Goat poop doesn't do SQUAT if you don't water your plants.
So I hear.
In other non-smelly news, I would like to announce that as of tomorrow at precisely 3:26 p.m. it will have been six weeks since I cried, labored, cried, gave birth and cried. SIX weeks! 6!
We went to the Dr for my 6 week postpartum visit. Can't say I was looking forward to it. You know, you give birth and think that it's all over but no, they torture you one more time.
Actually, it wasn't torture at all. It was nice to walk in without a waddle, nice to step on the scales for once, nice that everyone looked at ya and said "Wow, you look great!", even the exam wasn't bad. I am very, very, very (did I mention, very?) glad to be DONE with the Dr's office though. Unfortunately, they set me up for my annual in August. Guess they just wanted to be proactive.
The PA about had a hernia when she saw I'd lost 31lbs in the past 6 weeks. That's a lot of poundage, and too bad it didn't fall off in the important areas. I still have 18 more to go, and it's hanging on for dear life somewhere. However, it's no wonder I have stretch marks in un-heard of places (behind my KNEES????) I was a water weighted fatty.
Seein' how now I'm officially 6 weeks PP, I have no more excuses to not exercise. Matter of fact, Grace and I are going walking this week when it warms up. If it will stay nice, we're going to try to go a couple of times a week, and I'm going to make a habit of walking the neighborhoods. Walk, walk, walk, and do some abdominal exercises. Oh, and not bake sweet things. I've actually been doing good in that department.
Took Quade to the vet on our way home to have him weighed. Yep, we weighed him on the dog scales while my former boss ooh'd and ahh'd over him. He weighs 9 lbs 4 oz! I knew he was getting chunky because we're officially done with newborn sized diapers. I'm sure by his 2nd month check up at the end of this month he will have more than doubled his birth weight. I'm really hoping they won't rake me over the coals for not vaxing. We'll see...
We also had our first nursing in public. I mean, I've nursed him out in the car on many an occasion, and yesterday nursed him in the church bathroom, but we were in BigLots and he just had to eat. I think he's going through his 6 week growth spurt, because he's wanted to nurse every hour to hour and a half today. It went well, they had a netted gazebo thing set up inside the garden section, and I just sat in there on a lawn chair. An employee lady kept asking me if I was finding everything okay, and I'm not sure if she was being nosy, or was put out that I was sitting in their netted thingy.
He's really getting vocal now, which is so cute. He coos and talks to us a lot, especially in the morning when he's got milk all over his face and bed hair. Grammie got a big smile out of him today when she was changing his diaper, too. He gets the cutest face when he's about to nurse and it melts this Mommies heart. :) That and seeing the contented look on his face when he's done nursing and there's milk running down his chin....garsh....such a precious little person. It's so amazing how God creates this little life.
Well, I better be going. I need to be napping. Have a great week, ya'll!

3 Thoughts On the Matter:
Your little man is absolutley ADORABLE!!!
And yes, you have to water, even with goat manure. :D
Awww! Love the pics and it makes me smile hearing about your life with your littl'un! Babies are so sweet! Sound like things are going much smoother now?
All this talk of gardening is making me ache for spring!!! Usually I don't mind winter but for some reason this one is seeming longer than most!
It became evident this weekend when Pat and I were vegging on the couch listening to Celtic music when out of the blue I had this burning desire to go to Ireland, Hawaii, Mexico, ANYWHERE!!!!
Thankfully it subsided... ;)
Anyways! Have a good one!
It's amazing what we will do out of desperation! I used to walk the isles of the grocery store, nursing one, pushing the cart, and loading up on groceries! You get so good at it that no one even knows your doing it! Doesn't seem like 6 weeks. Glad all is well!
Post a Comment