Friday, March 20, 2009

It Might As Well Be Monday...

Good golly, someone throw me a rope. 


Our morning started out at 6 a.m. with a screaming baby. He did not want to go back to bed after his crack-of-dawn breakfast (do Hobbits call that 1st Breakfast?) consumed at 5:30 and finally decided around 7:20 that he wanted another snack, and so snack we did. He slept until 7:45 and then we were off to the races.

During the process of trying to pick the house up, so that it looked decent when the lady came by to look at the pack and play I have on craigslist, I hear a nice dirty diaper in the making. Not only did I hear it, I also felt it. Nice and warm on my hand. Breastfed baby poop may not smell bad, but it sure finds its way to places poop ought not go.

Then, the lady canceled her appointment with me. I hate that part about selling things. Hate it!

So,  I was sitting in the living room floor and one of Brandon's brothers knock on the door.  He wanted in the garage, and when I asked him where Brandon was, he said, "Did you not hear about the accident?" and I  said, "No...."

He then informed me that their brother Isaac (you remember him, I'm sure...) failed to put the work truck into park and it rolled into their Mom and Dad's neighbors garage. 

Their Mom and Dad's neighbor is bi polar, and that son of a gun is one mean dude. I mean, he's mean. Even his wife thinks he's mean. 

I called Brandon, and he couldn't talk at the moment, but later called me and had me run up there and take some pictures of the damage. He said that the man came tearing out of his vehicle and started cussing up a storm. He was soooo mad at Isaac, and Isaac started yelling back at him, because it was an accident...and Isaac is extremely sensitive. As you have heard. 

Ahem.

Anyway, Brandon said he was waiting for them to start throwing punches, they were acting like a bunch of kids. Isaac stormed off to his parents house to pout, and the other guy told Brandon he wasn't mad at anyone but Isaac. Brandon tried telling him that what's done is done, and he better be thankful it didn't hit his kids room or something else bad happen. The guy finally said he needed to apologize to Isaac, but Brandon had to go drag him out of his Mom's house because Isaac is such a touchy guy and didn't wanna talk to the other guy. So, they apologized to each other for being idiots. 

This is real life, I don't make this stuff up! 

Tell me, how does one get out of a vehicle, fail to put it into park, and somehow act surprised when it rolls away and creams someone's house??? To make matters worse, when the lady that was home came outside Isaac told her he had put it into park and turned it off, but she said "That's weird, because when I came outside it was running and I had to turn it off." !!! She thought a drunk driver had hit her house and ran off!! 

Sometimes I seriously do not know what to think of Isaac. It's bad enough he and I really butt heads because of what happened when Quade was born, and to this day he still makes a point of coming in the house EVERY time he comes over here to work, and pestering me about the baby. Or pestering me to let his girls come over while he's working so they can see the baby. He walks around in lala land half the time, and while sure it was an accident, it was a very foolish and preventable one. Kinda makes me wonder if he was medicated...

I am SO thankful the Lord was watching over them, regardless of whether or not they want Him to. God was keeping Brandon covered because had that truck not backed into the house at the angle it did, it would have hit their little girls bedroom. That could have been really bad, because it knocked the brick in on the garage and cracked it completely across the gable. 

Insurance is paying for it, though, and it didn't put a single dent in that ol' pickup. So yes, I'd say the good Lord was watching out for us, indeed. 

On my way home, I remembered I needed to stop for gas (my light was on!) but soon realized I didn't bring my wallet. I had to call poor Brandon and have him bring me the gas card. I felt so bad, but I wouldn't have made it home. 

Quade screamed the entire 15 minutes we sat there waiting. I don't know why he does that, but as soon as I get out and sit by him, or stand by his seat he settles down. He screamed until he was choking and I literally had a headache. I sure hope he grows out of that, because it nearly makes me batty. 

Needless to say, it's barely past noon and I feel like I've put in a full days work somewhere unpleasant. I think I feel nap time coming on. 

I'll try to post some pictures of the damage and some of Quade's two month snapshots. Can't believe he's already 2 months old...

2 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like quite a day! My day has been crummy too....

Nicole said...

Gracious what a day! I'm so sorry to hear about the truck/house. Hope everything works out! What a blessing that your husband has a cool head. :)

Now go eat some chocolate. :)