Just a swimmin' and a swishin' and a beebopping along.
Hiccups? Check.
Running out of room? Check
Contractions? Check
Last night I had a lot of contractions, but was too tired to time them. Obviously he's still in there, so they weren't major, but they were definitely more noticeable than other contractions. Matter of fact, they've been off and on all day. I took a warm shower and they went away for a good while which tells me it's not the real deal.
However, every contraction brings me one step closer to being more dilated, and I'm all about dilation. Our childbirth instructor pronounced that dill-i-ta-tion and I think she was wrong. I pronounce it di-lation.
But maybe it was just because she had a retainer...?
Not that it has anything to do with dilation or a retainer, but Scooter is SO low the poor boy is gonna have one heck of a cone head if he doesn't come out soon.
I'm 38 weeks tomorrow! I need to take a belly picture before it's all said and done, because it'll be the last one. My induction is scheduled for Monday evening, we're supposed to go in at 5 p.m. which is a stinky thing. I'm really hoping when I go Thursday for my OB appointment she'll say "Hey, woman! You're 3 centimeters dilated!" because that will hopefully lessen the chances of me having to have Cervidil. Now, if we go in at 5 p.m. they insert the Cervidil which takes a while to dissolve and work it's charm (ie: overnight), and they won't start pitocin until the morning of the 20th. You all know how I feel about that.
Anyone know what time inauguration is at?
Oh, I kid.
In all cerealness (as my sister used to call SERIOUSNESS) I don't wanna be at the hospital that long. That's a long time of longness, but you know, whatever.
I kinda really sorta want him out of me. I don't have that "Oh, he needs to stay in there longer..." feeling at all.
It's no where on the radar.
Doesn't even show up on the edge of the screen.
Meanwhile, I keep myself amused by watching childbirth dvd's, and as I shared with Ranch Girl today, I really think that's an unwise thing to do so close to birthing. I'm kind of prone to dreaming about things I watch/do during the day.
Like one time my Mom decided I should sew something, so I sewed a pair of flannel pajama pants and it took me ALL DAY LONG because I'm not a seamstress. I dreamt of sewing machines all night long, like obsessively. I couldn't shut my brain off.
One time I dreamt of coupons too.
OH! Speaking of which, B did a fabulous job grocery shopping on Sunday. Granted I had to stay on the phone with him and keep him moving down the aisles, he did great. His only extra curricular purchases were: one box each of ding dong's and oatmeal cream pies, two bottles of cranberry ginger ale, one bottle of regular ginger ale, and a 1/2 gallon of orange sherbert.
I was rather proud! All in all it only took him TWO STINKING HOURS to do this, but I didn't complain...
To answer some of your comments/questions from the last post:
1.) Nicole, NO, sadly we do not have Costco here (boo-sob-wah) but I hear they have excellent sales. That's too bad for me. I like sales. I even hear that Traders is a good place to shop.
2.) Ranch Wife - I totally agree, I buy a lot of store brand stuff, but there are just things you dare not venture. The longer I've been married, the more B is starting to become a spend-thrift. For instance he said "Do I have to get the oat bread, because it's more expensive than Wonder bread" Of course I shot that one down. I also specified Peter Pan or Skippy PB because that's one of those items I don't do store brand. I have a fondness for Peter Pan PB, but he came back with "Well, Skippy is a buck cheaper...but don't choosy Mom's choose Jiff?" so we compromised.
3.) Les - Yep, I try to do most of my shopping once a month. We have a grocery store called Crest here that has some decent monthly sales, but unfortunately Wal-Mart gets the most business. I love Braums milk, but haven't looked at their other stuff much...I hear they have fruit that's pretty cheap! And I can't wait 'till we butcher a cow.
4.) Jenn - How'd you guess we love frozen pizza? (hahaha) It's the one thing Brandon can cook without supervision. Red Baron happens to be our favorite, because it's usually cheap, but not as cheap as Tony's which is often like eating sauce on cardboard. I did find out that Red Baron is the exact same thing as Schwans pizza's and at 3.50 each I consider it an emergency bargain. I hate being hungry, you know. ;)
I think I've filled you all in, no? We're up to date, yeah?
Ya'll are going to pray for me when I go into labor, right? Because if you don't well then that'll cause everyone else I know this side of Texas to bear the burden and we can't have that, now can we?
If I don't manage a quick post before we leave (which if baby waits until I-day, I'm sure I will) I've given instruction to our resident blog hacker (Jennifer aka Ranch Girl) that she will receive the appropriate information to hack into my pitiful online abode and give you the 411.
She is not allowed to change my background, though. So, keep an eye on her. She has a knack for redecorating her Mama's. (wink wink)
Anyway. I'm hungry. So I'm going to go eat some potato salad that I totally did NOT make today. I would never disobey orders to make something tasty. That's totally against my upstanding character and moral compass.
Ahem.
Night ya'll!
-LeAnna

4 Thoughts On the Matter:
Just waiting patiently! Now - If you have an Aldi store then you are in the money!
Another here - patiently waiting, and praying and of course we'll be praying while you're in labor!
I knew you were going to make that potato salad, I just knew it. ;) I suppose I can't give you too much of a hard time, because if I was in your shoes I would probably be disobeying orders too. ;)
Yay for I-Day! Of course I'll be praying for ya! I've been counting down the days, 5 more just 5 more! :)
OF COURSE I'll be praying!! lol Did you even have to ask? :)
It's funny that you say that about the Tony's and Red Baron pizzas. I'd have to agree with both of your observations. My parents used to buy us the .99 Tony's when we were younger and it tastes like the cardboard it comes packaged on! But Red Baron... oh we LOVE Red Baron and Digorno's. At Gator games they sell 8 mini-Red Baron pizzas and we always get some to share. I actually bought a 3-pack of Digorno's at Sam's for $12 last week for Hal to make and eat while I was working late. Worked like a charm!
Post a Comment