Monday, January 5, 2009

Here We Go 'Round the Baby Bush...the Baby Bush...

Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement, and prayers, and love! Ya'll are just so sweet!! 

News: 

No change in dilation from Saturday. 
Good NST.
Several contractions showed up on NST that I hardly knew I was having, yet were pretty good sized ones.
B/P was 147/96 = not good.
B/P was 127/70 after I laid on my side = good.
No protein in urine at office.

However, my last 24 hour test showed increased levels labeling me a mild category of pre-eclamptic. That plus my b/p being up, combined with the contractions I'm having are suggesting baby is working up some labor for me!

Doctor said she'll be surprised if he doesn't come by Friday, and that my body is really working right now to get things kicked in gear. She said it's amazing how God makes a woman's body, and that most women who are prone to, or develop pre-eclampsia tend to go into labor on their own before the 40 week mark. It's just natures way of giving your body the permanent fix- have the baby early! 

She was able to "rub" my membranes (can we say ouch? worse ouch than before? Yes...we can....) which gave me some nasty cramps and light contractions. I am on a low low low dose of b/p medicine and on bed rest. 

We have another NST tomorrow (3x's weekly now) an ultrasound to see if we can get an approximate guess on how big he is, another 24 hr urine test, and some more blood work. Then we go back on Thursday for another NST and OB visit to see if I've dilated more. The main concern is my blood pressure, and how rapidly pre-eclampsia can progress. So, if he doesn't come before the weekend, she's not letting it go past the 19th, but she seemed pretty optimistic that my body was doing what it needed to be doing without much help (with the exception of the Lord). For that I'm grateful, and also for a Doctor who recognizes that God knows what He's doing. 

So, that being said! Baby clothes are washed (thanks to Mama) folded, and put away. Hospital bag is packed (thanks to Mama) laundry is caught up (thanks to Mama) house is clean (yup, thanks to Mama) and seeing how I'm stuck in bed - I don't think it'll be getting too dirty any time soon. 

Praise the Lord for Netflix instant watch on the laptop, that's all I have to say 'bout that! 

I'll update tomorrow after we spend a good chunk of the day being poked and prodded. Thanks again for all the prayers, keep 'em coming! God is good! 

Love,
LeAnna

6 Thoughts On the Matter:

Jenn said...

Looking to Friday! I hope all is well and Bebe is healthy first and foremost of course. I'm so excited~lol.

Anonymous said...

Like we were talking earlier, the human body is an amazing thing!
I'll be surprised if he doesn't show up by Friday too! :)
I'm praying that he will.... you defiantly need some relief! I'm sooo excited for ya'll!

Countrygirl said...

How exciting that your Dr gives God the glory! Keep on watching those movies, lifting those feet, loving your family cause Scooter will come when he and God are ready. Dear Lord, we know that You are in this, we know that You have everything under control - including L's blood pressure, and we know how much You love her - please help her to stay as comfortable as possible and mostly to look to You for peace in all of this. Thank you Lord, amen.

Across the miles, I am sending prayers and love! Not much longer!

Kate said...

So exciting! Praying for ya!

Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of the dear little one!

Ranch wife said...

Praying Praying and Praying some more. I stand in agreement with Countrygirl.... Lord You are the mighty healer, You knew us before we were born, You formed our inward parts while we were in our mothers womb. You are in control. Lord I life up L. and baby, guard them and keep them, and I also pray for a speedy labor and delivery. In Jesus name...Amen.

Keep those feet up and buy some flowers for your Mama...What a blessing to have her close.

Love
~M~

Nicole said...

Hurray for Netflix!!! =)

When I was in my last weeks of pregnancy, I starting playing World of Warcraft on the laptop. My husband had played it a long time, and I needed something I could do sitting/laying down. Boy, was that a life saver! And now, two years later, I still play . . . but that's another story. =)

Aren't moms the coolest ever?? I'm blessed to have mine close by, too.

Hang in there, almost done! Think like the litte train who could: I think I can, I think I can!