Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Oh Chreesmus tree, oh Chreesmus tree...how luvlee are yore bran-chez."

Look, Brandon is a professional tree lighter. Have I explained this intricate process yet? How he meticulously lights the tree piece by piece so that when it's all said and done I can just fold up the jolly majestic pine and pack her away 'till next year? Then, when I want to light the tree next Christmas I can remember, WOOHOO, it's already lit! And life'll be a little sweeter. That's the plan anyway. It's a Brandon thing. He's sweet for lighting my tree though. 

That tree took TEN (say it with me: T-E-N) boxes of lights! That was TEN boxes of 23.5 and 25 foot strands of lights. Holy macaroni and cheese, ya'll! That's nearly 250 feet of lead infested china made lights! Nobody told me the permanent lighting of the tree would require so many lights. 

I think it turned out purtiful. I'm a minimalist, so the tree is all that's going up this year. Well, I did hang stockings, I'm not a heartless hag. But, what goes up must come down, and quite frankly I don't like putting things away. Anything. Just ask my folded laundry. Or the silverware. Or my shoes. I dare you. 

Anyway, I do need a bigger tree skirt for the tree, but my Mama has one she's gonna let me use. As you can see in the above picture, the little tree skirt is just too much fun to play with. Dixie has drug it out in the living room several times. 

Doesn't she look like a total pill? Well, she is one. And I'm ready for her to live outside 24 hours a day. She's cute and cuddly sure, but she bites and pee's and poo's. While she's doing quite well on the whole going-out-side thing (save for a few accidents), it's wearing me out. I'm tired of watching her like a hawk, and trying to interpret her doggie grunts and moves to determine if those are take-me-outside eyes, or my-belly-is-hungry eyes. I have to say, I'm a pretty good judge, but I have EIGHT MORE WEEKS before I have to do that full time... 

I've told Brandon on many occasion to take HIS DOG outside because she needs to go, only to have him dilly dally and whammo, she tinkles. This girl knows her dog language, I'm telling you. It's a speshal gift along with the eyes that are beginning to grow in the back of my head to prepare me for Mommy-hood. It's amazing how you pick up 6th, 7th and 8th senses when you are a woman.

I'll never forget the morning I was laying in bed and I heard B sneakily get in the fridge and every so quietly take a coke out. Before he could even open the can I was telling him that diet coke is NOT for breakfast, and he placed it back in the fridge. All of that saving of his brain cells and I didn't even have to get out of bed. Oh, yeah.

Have I mentioned that I have 8 more weeks? Have I mentioned that I'm uncomfortable pretty much all the time these days? Have I mentioned that I don't sleep good because my hips hurt and I have to pee all the time? Have I? Have I? Well, there ya go. I have. 
I am so uncomfortable. Like, mega. Baby Scooter is running out of room in there, and each movement he makes is like a major ordeal. Sometimes he stretches and leaves me gasping for air. 

At night when I sleep, my hips hurt like crazy, so I'm flopping sides all the time which isn't so easy anymore. 

I had to take off my wedding rings today because it was causing my whole left hand and wrist to throb with severe pain. It took me a while to realize that it was from my rings being too tight, after I pried 'em off the pain has gradually gone away. It's pretty much completely gone right now, but here it is 12 hours later and I still have indentions on my finger. That ring has always fit loose too...Just call me chubby fingers. My feet haven't had any issues, which I'm glad for. I have crummy feet, I don't need swollen crummy feet quite yet. 

I'm just a regular mess. I would like to be done now, thank you. I would like to be done, so that I can move into the next phase of messiness in my life: sleep deprivation and dirty diapers. At least in that stage I can sleep in any position and Brandon can once again pop my shoulders and back. 

But, anywho. I had a two hour nap today (which I needed, I've felt rather crummy all day) and have pretty much done nothing but rest. I ordered a TV off of staples during Cyber Monday (the Black Friday of internet sales) and it came today, so I assembled it. We here at the Flowers household do not watch much tv, but needed an HDTV so that when February rolls around we can at least watch the local digital channels. Seeing how the gov'ment decided analog is a total thing of the past and whatnot...anyway, I found a 32 inch LCDHDTVABCXYZ123 tv on sale on staples.com for like 375.00 with free shipping. That's pretty darn cheap for an LCD, and who cares if it's made in Mongolia or Taiwan or by some company that makes lead coated toys for kids, it was cheap!
It's actually a nice little tv. I'm impressed. Now I can watch my Public Television in high def. We are UP town, folks. 

Speaking of UP town, it's looking like on Thursday I'll be heading UP town to meet Leslie (Brazle Blogger)!  Yeah, cool! It'll be fun to put a voice with the face, and get to meet a fellow bloggin' buddy. Hopefully it all works out, I think it's such a blessing to get to meet fellow sisters in the Lord. :) 

Well, I'm gonna go get ready for bed. Me and my belly have a ritual every night, it's an involved process. First there's the slathering of the lotion onto every square inch of belly, and then there's the few minutes before I fall asleep where I rub it real good for good luck. 

Ha. I was so kidding about the last part. 

Not the rubbing it part, because I rub it. 

The good luck part.

HA. ha. Ha. 

Anyway, I rub the belly and talk to the baby and he moves around in there so as my belly looks like a tire with a knot in the tread. It's a time of bonding. And a time of preventing my belly from itching. It's a great thing.

Have a super fabulous Wednesday. That's an order! 
-LeAnna 

4 Thoughts On the Matter:

Countrygirl said...

Right now those 8 weeks will feel like forever - but when that sweet, little one is here - you'll wonder where the time went. You are gonna be a great momma - I love the part about catching B getting out a coke! Ha! You're just too funny! Take care and try to get comfy. PS I am in intercessor - and whoever I was praying for Monday night, well they had hip pain! Maybe it was you!

Anonymous said...

Love your tree! I'm hoping to get ours next weekend.
I was thinking just yesterday about how NEXT month you'd be having that baby! And then it dawned on me that I'm not that far behind you, and then I cried. No, not really. But, it was a rather scary thought. ;) But I'm not as uncomfortable as you yet, I'm still having fun... other than being super tired that is.

Paula said...

I bet a face to face conversation with you is a hoot! Can't wait for an update from Brazle Blogger!

Jenn said...

Your tree is beautiful Banana! What are those pretty things sticking out? I'm going to have to get some of those! Loves it! haha... that's my way of being "trendy"... "loves it" =)