Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Baby, Baby, Baby...

'Tis what I sleep, eat, and breathe these days. :) 

Speaking of these days, they are getting shorter, and shorter, and closer and closer! I really have a feeling this baby will be here in 2-3 weeks. 

Yesterdays Dr. appt was the best one I've had in a month! My bp was the lowest it's been at a visit since it started going up (praise the Lord!) and the internal exam didn't hurt near as bad as it did last time. I figured it was because it was the Dr. this time instead of the PA, but she said she couldn't take the credit. 

It appears Mr. Scooter baby is engaged at a -1 station and my cervix is very low! Still closed and thick, but she said a -1 engagement is pretty darn impressive for not quite 36 weeks! So that was very exciting to hear. A woman typically goes into labor once she reaches either a -1, 0, or +1 station within 1-4 weeks of the engagement happening. Four more weeks would be my due date, so I'm hoping it's more like 2 or 3, we shall see! 

Baby passed his NST with flying colors yesterday, we had several small, and one nice big contraction while hooked up to the machine - it's been kinda nice to know when I'm having a contraction, so I know what they feel like! I did not have to have blood work, but have to do the 24hr urine test again. Oh well, you win some you lose some! I have strict orders to keep my salt intake to a minimum and keep my feet up. I have no beef about keeping my feet up, I hurt and swell if I'm on them for too long anyway! I couldn't even walk through wal-mart Saturday without them burning within 30 minutes.

We're all really excited around here! Even if it did take the better part of 3 or 4 weeks for Bebe to come, it's still soon. My Mom and siblings came over yesterday and did all my laundry, vacuumed my floors and base boards, and cleaned my bathrooms! Mom helped me put the shelves and pictures up in the babies room. I'll hopefully have some pictures before too long. It's coming together cute, and I'm hoping will last him through the toddler years. It's not really babyish, but you know my philosophy on those things... LESS is MORE - the less I have to touch it and rearrange, the more time I have to do other things.

Like, sleep. 

Or something. 

I'm not really sure to be exact. I just don't like things that require a lot of upkeep. 

With the exception of husband and child. (That does not mean DOG too.) BUT I DIGRESS. 

I'm kind of glad to know I wasn't the only Christmas fa-la-la who had the Drama Llama (Jenn cracks me up.) visit. I suppose there are always nuts AND flakes in the cereal of life. I guess I'd just much rather them have Great Aunt/Uncle, or 2nd Cousin in front of their name instead of Grandmother Dearest. You know?? 

Unfortunately those spots are already taken with titles like "Currently Strung Out on Meth" and "In Leavenworth For the 3rd Time For Drug Trafficking Between Texas and Mexico"

It's sad. But as I was sayin', every family has their drama. Every family has some wayward souls that need Jesus. And thankfully there are opportunities to share Him with them. You just hope that they take it to heart, and that they allow the Holy Spirit to start working on them. I think it's harder to reach a person who knows they're in the wrong, and knows that they need Jesus but whose heart is so hardened and calloused they refuse to let Him in. Not saying that it's impossible for the Lord to do (wouldn't want ya getting any ideas like that!) but it is more difficult to share things with them. You just pray it goes in one ear and stays for a while. The Holy Spirit is the one who cultivates.

(I feel a soapbox comin' on...)

Can you believe we have 2 days left in this year 2008? Each year I'm amazed at how quickly each goes by. Bringing an assortment of changes. So many, many changes. I can't say that the years have just jumbled together in a mess of unchanging days. Every year brings it's challenges, it's victories, it's heartache and pain. It brings joy, gladness, sorrow, but oh how thankful I am that the Word of God promises me that HIS mercy and joy is new every morning, of every day, of every year! 

I'm thankful for the promises that I am a Child of the Most High God!

I'm thankful that HE is faithful to complete all that He has started in my life. 

I'm thankful that God so loved this world, in its darkness, and in its sin, that He chose to give His son as a sacrifice of love, so that we might have the opportunity to spend eternity with Him. 

I'm so very thankful for what Christ did for me at Calvary. For the blood He shed for me. For the chastisement he bore upon His body for my sin. For the battles He fought and won so I wouldn't have to. 

I'm thankful for the very simple fact that all that I would ever need was placed upon that cross, and that through His death and resurrection I have victory over any thing that satan or this world could ever face me with. 

I don't need books to teach me.

I don't need psychology to show me how.

I don't need pep talks to encourage me.

I don't need the wisdom of man to spur me on.

I don't need 12 steps to overcome any failure I'm facing.

I don't need any man made, man inspired, or humanly suggested method to navigate life. 

All I have need of is Him. That wonderful name, Jesus. And I don't want anything else other than Him, because regardless of what we've been taught, HE is everything.

The answer to every addiction.
The answer to every question. 
The answer to every sorrowful heart. 

There's nothing that He doesn't have a healing balm for. 

No one that He won't intercede on behalf of. 

What we so vainly try to do through thought or action is nothing. Do you realize that? It's nothing. No book I read, or song I sing, or thought I meditate on can span the gap that Jesus can.

Just give me Him, and the power of the Holy Spirit and I've got the greatest team to get me through whatever I might face. I know, 'cause I've called on His name. 

And He answers. The first time! I don't have to re-dial him. Or turn to page 23 and re-read it. I don't have to find Him in a quote. I just say His name and He's there. In my presence. I can feel Him. And then, when He's held me and ministered to me, I feel His peace come flooding in and that's something that can't be taken away. To be filled with His Spirit is enough for me. 

It was good enough in 2008 and it's gonna be even better in 2009! 

I told you I felt a soapbox creeping up. :P 

Anywho, it's taken me a good hour and a half to pound out this post. Granted I had to take the dog out a few times, and answer the door a few more, I think it's time to publish and then go get dressed and ready for the day. I need to go to Walgreens. They've got a killer toilet paper sale going on, and I figure if I'm going to stock up, I'd better do it while it's cheap. :P I also need to go to Braums and get some milk (because milk from Braums is far better than milk from anywhere else, except the raw milk from the dairy) - I've been on a cereal kick for a few weeks and have no milk for my oatmeal squares. Such a sad, sad state of affairs. 

Oh, one more blurb. Pray for Israel this week! Things are getting pretty heated over there again, and we all know what happens when Israel is in the limelight. Doesn't help matters that our president elect isn't a strong supporter of Israel, I'm sure things will get interesting in the upcoming months! 

Oh, and pray Baby Scooter comes before the inauguration on the 20th. I'd like to tell him one day (Lord willing) that when he was born, Bush was still president. 

I'm just joshin'! But, really... can you blame a woman ?? :)

Blessed NEW YEAR to each of you and your families. 
-LeAnna

4 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

Poor lil' Tadpole will be born with the new President in term. Ohwell. I try to forget that we have a new President.
Anyway,
A big Amen to the rest of your post! :)

Jenn said...

No! I cannot blame you! lol I'm excited for you too Banana! Wow. It just doesn't seem that long ago that we "met" and now here we are.

Ranch wife said...

Good post. I am glad the last doctors visit went well. Just keep hanging in there, before you know it baby Scooter will be here and these last few weeks will all be behind you.

A hearty amen to the soapbox. I believe that this coming year will be a turning point in this country, and in the church,,,which by the way is us as believers. I think the Lord is trying to tell us to get off the fence we have been sitting on for so long. We will have to decide do you truly follow Him, no matter what happens...or do we follow the world. We can't do both.

Have a blessed day
~M~

Paula said...

The soap box was awesome. I needed to hear it!
Blessings, sweet friend! Bebe will be here soon and then, talk about the drama! I have stories for you!!