So, I just realized that for the past few months, the grammatical efficiency and spelling proficiency (I'm trying to make myself feel better by using big words, okay?) have really digressed and regressed and done everything but progressed around this here blog.
Not sayin' I'm a English major or anything. I dot my i's and cross my t's. That's about it.
ANYWAY.
I'm not here to talk about grammar. (Am I?) I'm here to talk about how my head is much clearer and my nose is not near as stuffy and glory be, I'm actually looking forward to baking some pumpkin pie tomorrow.
I have several ideas a'swirl in my thinker, and I think I'll make a pie or two. I really want a pecan pie, but tell me what is a girl to do with a pecan pie, pumpkin pie and apple pie? Maybe I'll just make a pie a week until Christmas.
I also want to make a cheesecake.
I'm just kidding. I don't want to.
But I do.
As I was saying. I'm going to make a (single solitary but possibly a couple) pumpkin pie(s) tomorrow.
I really want to brine a turkey. Especially after I read PW's turkey brine recipe. Oh my lands, it sounds divine. However, I've yet to get a turkey. Turkeys aren't cheap this year, and they're all so stinking huge! I don't need a 20 lb turkey! I need a cornish turkey, by golly. Do they not come in that size???
Enough turkey business.
My friend Grace had her baby this morning at 1 a.m. She'd been in labor since Sunday night, so she was ready. She has all her babies at home, unassisted (no midwife) actually her first was birthed with just her husband present. Did you just gulp really loud? I know I do every time I think about it.
This time she had her Mom and Mother in law there, and they're seasoned pro's. She said he weighs close to 8 pounds, and his big sister just loves him. I can't wait to see him, but I have to. I need to get rid of this cold. I'm making her a tiramisu and she's making the cappuccinos. I'll get to hold him and the next 9 weeks will seem like a complete eternity. ETERNITY.
Had my 31 week check up today, and from here on out it's to the Doctor every 2 weeks.
I can't believe the time is sneaking up.
I can't believe Christmas is a month away.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow.
I can't believe I let my husband have a puppy.
Speaking of puppy, we moved her to the garage last night, where bless her heart she didn't make a peep but once or twice. We even played her some good country gospel music. I think she's a real cow dog. Through and through.
Well...
Awfully deep subjects for such shallow minds. As my Dad would say.
I must find something to make for dinner. It is that time again. Comes around every evening without fail...Think I can just make a cheesecake and forget all about protein and other nutritious things?
No? Well, okay. If you say so.
Have a wondermous turkey day ya'll!

3 Thoughts On the Matter:
Happy Thanksgiving! May the Lord bless your day with love and laughter! That puppy is adorable!
Now my motherly side is kicking in - when you feel tired, rest. You will get the energy back soon enough. :-)
Oh your pies sound like heaven. And a cheesecake not so bad either! :) Congrats to Grace, and just fill up on all that pre-baby syndrome, cause you're time is coming so quickly!
You have a very happy Thanksgiving, too! Love ya!
I was thinking about all the pies that I want to make myself, in all of their fattening glory.
And no worries about grammar, I know mine is not so great either. But, I cross my t's and dot my i's as well. I also use full words, as in 'you' instead of 'u'. And capitolization. And in this day and age that is something. So I won't lose any sleep over a few misspelled words, and bad grammar. ;)
Have a great Thanksgiving if we don't get to chat later today! Love ya!
Post a Comment