I'm sitting here in the office, with my blinds open.
There is our regular trash can, a rubbermaid trash can, a huge bag with balloons (filled with trash), a car seat/stroller box (filled with trash), and a baby swing box all waiting for the trash man out by the curb.
We have one of B's helpers pickups in the driveway, my car, B's hoss of a pickup (ha, which he sold last night for a wee amount of profit - I TOLD you, everything is for sale around here!!!!), and then the afore mentioned miscellaneous trailers all parked behind our one piece of fence.
And!
One of the neighbors just drove by super slow gawking at it all. Seriously.
Call me strange, but for some reason I don't think she was scouting out the trash to see if their was anything good.
*sigh*
I sure hope the trash man gets here quick. How embarasin'!
OH, we had the most interesting prenatal class last night *gulp* of all.
IF you are male (which I don't think I have any male readers) or IF you don't want to read about b.reastfeeding, then leave now. You've been warned!
You would thinking watching the labor and deliveries would be the most interesting, but no. We've watched a total of like, 6 or 7 births, and it's not all that terrible to see. We even watched a little Vietnamese lady have a c-section for a 9 lb baby. THAT was not pleasant, but still not the most interesting.
The MOST interesting was this yuppy b.reastfeeding dvd by Mother of 7 Productions. Oh my word. Dr. Sears was on there, along with a lot of other well-known b.reastfeeding gurus. However, the Mother of 7 that the company was named after was this fit blonde model who had probably had a few chin and nose jobs.
And there were a lot, let me repeat, a LOT of mammaries shown in this DVD. I've never seen so many mammaries. My husband has never seen so many mammaries. It was so hard not to die laughing. Is that immature?
Well, YOU ought to sit through a 20 minute DVD of nothing but blonde headed botox and b.reastfeeding mammaries.
She was promoting BF throughout the world, so there were interviews with several different ethnicities of women. The Korean lady said "I love b.reast feed my baby. It so wondaful, I love." (please say with Korean accent) and THEN they had this plush...mammary...that they used to teach the Mom's how to position their babies with. It was SO goofy looking the whole class had this quiver that shook the room when they showed it, because HELLO, we're all trying to be adults here.
But Lord have mercy, do you think they could have picked some smaller demonstrations? NO. We had to see GIGANTIC mammaries leaking milk. I don't think it would have been so shock and awing if my husband wouldn't have been sitting right next to me. Because I know he's thinking, "Oh. my. word." and thankfully, he was a good boy and he didn't laugh or snicker. I was the one doing the guffawing. I think I was embarrassed for him. Even though he kept his head down the majority of the time.
Before you think I'm crazy, don't. I plan on BF'ing if it's the last thing I do. I guess I just don't understand the openness of it all these days. I'm glad it's the standard, because when my Mom had us kids, it wasn't. I just figured you gave it a whirl and then if it didn't work you asked for help. I mean, I know it doesn't come naturally to everyone, and it can be a big learning curve.
I just wasn't excepting a high-def DVD with funky music, by a blonde model mother of 7 children.
I mean, I'm all for knowledge and knowing what you're getting yourself into before you do, and there was some helpful information on the DVD, but WOW. I think I'd rather read a book.
And that concludes my random thought Tuesday session. I hope you're not scarred for life.
:P

6 Thoughts On the Matter:
I'm all about nature taking its course. How in the world did the old time women make it without breastfeeding classes. I guess their babies had to starve since they didn't even have formula back then. ;)
Girl you crack me up.
~M~
Well, it sounds like you at least had up to date movies to watch(even though ridiculous!)...we watched the film that was probably done in the 60's--beehive hairdos, horrible nursing bras and Lord knows what else...I remember getting tickled watching it! Is this a Lamaze Class? I LOVED Lamaze...it's the best.
You are just too funny! Thank you for the award! That was a very sweet thing to do and say! We are having internet trouble and it hasn't been fixed yet; so I can't pick up my prize! But thank you anyway!
You had me about to die laughing! Mammaries... you're a trip girl! And fwiw, I still get the giggles at times when I "should not because its not appropriate" and feel like a kid. And then I think "I'm 24 years old. What's my deal?" lol
Too funny!!!!! Note to self, don't get that dvd!!! Thanks for the heads up! :)
It'd be my luck I burst out laughing during the middle and in the attempt to muffle it start squealing and gasping, slide of my chair... you get the idea.... The more I try to stop laughing the worse it gets!
Post a Comment