Monday, October 6, 2008

It Was a Sad Weekend, Really...

Greetings, bloglings! 

Today would have been a perfect (PERFECT!) morning to sleep in, because it's all rainy outside and cloudy, and overcast and dark, and just early Monday morning loveliness. 

HOWEVER. I did not get to sleep in, I was up at 7 (harrible, I know) with my darlin', 'cause he wanted me to "drink some coffee with him" (read: make his coffee). So I did. 

And now I'm wide awake, and will have an urge to nap at about 2 o'clock this afternoon, which I'll have to fight off like a wild beast or else I'll succumb and won't wake up until 5 p.m. This will in turn cause me to be awake until midnight or later, and then my husband will ask me to "drink coffee with him" the next morning, and you see, before I know it I'll be in a vicious pattern.

So, I will just have to press on. 7 in the morning isn't so bad, it's just the fact that I'm up every two hours using the restroom and that really does something to ones sleep patterns. I still think it's God's way of slowly adjusting one into the realm of what is yet to come. Iffin' ya know what I mean.

As stated, it was a kinda sad weekend around our casa. 

Because: We gave our dawgs away. 

We really needed to find them new homes, and have for a while now. Remember the whole brilliant idea I had, that if I brought home dogs, Brandon would be FORCED into building a fence to keep them in?

Yeah, well. 

Hmm.

Didn't work.

And the dogs really, really need to be in a fenced in yard. I was having trouble with them charging the neighbors, and charging kids, and charging the neighbors dogs. They weren't being vicious, just obnoxious. But, I worked for a Veterinarian for 5 years, and I know just how obnoxious obnoxious dogs are, and how people don't care if they don't bite them, they don't want to be barked at and chased down the street.

I don't blame them! No body had said anything to us. Yet. I was just waiting. Tuesday the dogs went after the neighbor across the street and he had just barely made it out of his garage! He was walking his own dogs, and Sage and Jen ran after them barking ferociously. I finally yelled at them loud enough to cause them to turn around. But I could tell the man was hacked. 

Bad dawgs. 

So, I told Brandon that was enough. They bark at the kids heading to the school bus (if they're out when it's that time) and I just can't have dogs that scare people. Especially when I never know if I'll have control over them (meaning, if they'll listen to ME) because sometimes they pretend there never is a potbellied li'l ol blonde headed gal screaming at them to stop. 

That's far from glamorous. 

Long story longer. We decided to see if one of The Jennifer's sister wanted them, and she said yes. So we took them to her house Saturday afternoon, and I thought B was going to cry or something. He was SO sad. He knew they needed to be in a fence, but he loved those silly dogs. It took him a good little while to warm up to them, and to be honest we both felt like traitors of the universe giving them away. They have been in so many shelters and...DUH it's no wonder WHY! 

Still...we felt like traitors. Abandoners. Meanies. Uglies. Dog droppers. Etc.

At their new home they have a huge fenced in area with tree's and shade, and a shed to go in. They have horses to bark at (but not chase) and no neighbors walking down the street with their dogs. No cats that might fall prey to their eatings. No, they won't be spoiled like they were at our house, and no they won't get random long pick-up rides to Lowes. Or long walks in the park. 

BUT. They also won't get shot by deranged neighbors, or worse- they won't bite someone and we get sued. I think that's a positive thing. It's not like we sent them to the pound...

Still. You know, the whole traitor issue...I can't stand to see my hubsy sad either! He was SAD folks, SAD. He kept asking me if we were doing the right thing, and I told him that I wasn't the person to be askin' that! Five years of working with dogs makes one very firm in their dog decisions. All I could think of was a bright neon sign flashing LIABILITY! LIABILITY! so of course we were doing the right thing. 

I think. 

Really, we were. Those dogs were sweet, and needed adult only attention. They didn't like children's. That's not good for a house that's fixing to have a baby. We decided that once we get a fence up, Brandon can get a puppy. That helped soothe the wound a little bit. We need a dog that will love the baby, and if we get a puppy for our Little Mister to grow up with, that will be much better. 

Still, it's so gosh darn sad to know there's nothing out in the garage. No tail wag to greet you of a morning. I mean, for pete's sake, I woke up 3:30 this morning when it started to rain thinking about how the dumb rain hatin' dog was doing. I should have just rolled over and went back to sleep, thanking the Lord that she wasn't clawing a crater in the garage door. 

I'm happy that Sage and Jen (now Ginger due to the fact her owners sister goes by Jen. They're now known as The Spice Dogs.) have a good home, and that they'll be taken good care of. That's all that matters. That's the end of that saga. 

(I hope...) 

So there's not just a whole lot on the agenda for this week. Today is of course, laundry day. I have a lot of laundry to do today because I slacked on last Monday's laundry doin'. I only did a load or two, and it's caught up with me. Seriously though, I think I'd complain about laundry even if all I had to do was one load. I despise laundry. The washing and drying isn't so hard, but I know that after that it means I have to fold it and put it away. That's the real drag. 

I have a Dr's appointment this week, too. I get to find out how much lovely $$ I have to pay for services rendered unto myself. That's a real drag, too. Please pray that my insurance company didn't cut a fit about having two ultrasounds. For some reason the lady at the payment desk said it looked like they were only paying for one u/s- but she also said that the insurance department hadn't called my insurance company to negotiate anything because they had just gotten all my info. I think that's so hokey. If the Dr's office can negotiate with the insurance companies, than the regular Joe Shmo ought to be able to as well. Pooey. 

I have to have all of it paid in full by my 8th month of pregnancy, too. I don't even want to guess how much it will be. All I know is that I pay 20 % of the full price. Yippy skippy. I wish they would sit me down and say that it was my lucky day, some member of the studio audience has decided to pay my way through childbirth. WOOHOO. 

This is a LONG blog post. 

We start child birth classes in November! Brandon wasn't so excited. I think he has a secret aversion to large groups of very pregnant women. Or maybe he has a secret aversion to groups that aren't free to attend. Or maybe he just doesn't like groups at all...

I think he's just afraid to diaper a plastic doll with more than just myself present. He's never ever changed a diaper. Ever. Never. Not even when his nieces were babies (I wouldn't make my brother change my kids diaper, either...) so this is a new experience for him.  I told him not to worry, I was the reigning diaper changing champion my entire life. Considering that I was five before my sister was born, and I made a short lived career out of changing diapers as a teenager. 

I promised to teach him ev-ry-THING I know. He didn't think that was funny, but I sure did. :) He's also going to wear our baby in a papoose like contraption (aka sling) at least once. It's a secret goal of mine. Muah hahahahaha. 

Did I mention this is one LONG ramblin' nonsense of a bloggity? I feel like I've been holding back. Man, this feels goooood. 

I hate to be a party pooper, though. I have to feed and water demanding 4 week old chick-hens. They're getting so big. So fluffy. I'll take more pictures, soon. I know you're dying to see them...

For now I'll leave you pictures of Daisy. My parent's new little bloodhound mix. She's ADAWABLE. And she howls. So cute, because she's not mine. I don't like howling dogs. Mom lost her yesterday for about 10 minutes and the household about had a royal meltdown. But, look at this face and tell me YOU wouldn't have a meltdown if you lost her. 


Ya'll have a blessed Monday morning!

Photobucket

2 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

What evil people you are....kicking your poor, lovable dogs out of your home. Are you going to give Baby Flower away if he starts crying on rainy nights? Or rushes up to strange people?
Ahem.
Boo on insurance and doctor people.
Have fun doing laundry! :)

Jenn said...

First things first, LOVE that version of "In Christ Alone"! Normally I read at work and have my sound muted. Tonight I'm at home and knowing that I need to do a bloggity of my own but I'm being lazy and not feeling well.

Anywho, you gave your Jen away!? What?!??! lol, I can't imagine 2 big misbehavin' doggies. I have ONE LITTLE misbehavin' doggie who I've been having to take the newspaper to a bunch here lately as it is!

Love the pics of "Copper" =) When are we going to see pics of the belly and of your FACE in the same shot mam?

Nighty night =)