Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blogging and Coffee

I'm not really sure why, but for some reason as I sat down with my coffee this evening (Decaf, I might add.) I had his sudden urge to blog. It's not like I even have anything interesting to say. (You've been warned!)

However, something about my eclectic choice of coffee cup and the hot brown liquid in it got my blogging juices buzzing.

I have this thing about coffee cups. Not just your plain Jane mug, but cool and oddly shaped/colored varieties suit me best. Like the one I'm using now is actually the cup to a "Tea For One" set. You know, those little mini tea pots that sit atop a cup? I happen to think they're perfect for coffee. Shallow cups are the best coffee cups. I picked it up at the thrift store for .89 cents one day. It's a pretty green patina and of course, it's made in China. 

I hope I don't get poisoning from the finish. 

But that's besides the point! 

It's my favorite coffee drinking apparatus, and if feasible, I've been known to take it out of the sink and wash it just so I can have a cup of coffee. 

There is also my set of creamy white Russel Wright cups that I picked up for $1. They were made right here in the Broken United States, but are smaller so they're used less. 

Sometimes I like to pick them up and look at them. 
Sometimes I wish they were worth bookoos of money and that one day I'll take them to the Antique Roadshow and find out I've struck gold with my $1 investment. 
Sometimes I think I'm a nut. 
Sometimes...

I'm done drinking my coffee. It didn't take long, so I hope I don't abruptly run out of things to say. Ya'll would be right near crushed. I'm sure. 

Today has been a l.o.n.g day. Like yesterday, it has been overcast, foggy, dreary and just plain blah de da. At least yesterday if finally rained, but today it's just been thick out. Not even cool really. Normally 65 degrees means cool, but when your humidity is 500% that doesn't happen. 

It's just been a day. An all by myself day (I have a lot of those) and my hubby won't be home for another hour, so I have another hour of all by myselfing to do. 

Actually, I should really go spend a few minutes with the Guest Room Bathtub and invite some Vinegar and Baking Soda to be my special guests. I haven't cleaned it in....

Well, never mind that.

I know I should be cherishing and relishing and generally enjoying all of this Alone Time, because in 3 short months I will have no time to myself. Some days are just harder than others, ya know? 

And then when I do become part of this realm of having no time to myself, I will begin to wish for time to myself in the presence of adults. I hear that can be a stay at home mothers next big hurdle. Wishing she had someone other than an infant/toddler/child to talk to. 

Right now I talk to 5 week old chickens. I would call that a hurdle to overcome, wouldn't you? 

They get excited when I say "Here chick-chick-chick-chicks!!" To them. That means it's time to eat. They love me. I just know it.

We went to an Auction Saturday night, and they had a lot of chicks/hens/roosters/ducks up for auction, and I couldn't believe what people were paying for them considering I bought mine for all of a dollar and maybe fifty cents each. I told B that I should go into the chicken business, and he suggested I sell the ones I have now to get a head start. I said 'No way! They're my babies!' and then I felt like a nut again. 

Not to make myself out to be any less of a weirdo, but I think my husband is just as bad! He was the one that wanted to buy the two bottle calves at the auction (they went for $60) and put them in our garage so that we could feed them! 

In our GARAGE! 

So, don't be pointing any fingers at my Chicken Whisperin'. I think we're just two peas in a Farm Animal Loving pod. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if our son was born mooing or clucking instead of crying...

Speaking of our son, he's been very very active here lately. Daddy got to feel him really good for the first time Sunday night and that was just too cool. I can see him in there swishing around and moving back and forth. A pretty neat experience. 

Last night I was on the computer trying to nab some pictures off of our wedding DVD, and I ended up watching the slide show of when we were babies and growing up. Got me to thinking about what our baby will look like, and if he'll take after his Daddy more like most little boys do. I actually read a study that said that most children do take on more characteristics of their Father than their Mother. While I do look like my Mom more than my Dad, I definitely inherited my Dad's German features. Only two of my nieces look a lot like their Dad and Uncles. The other two have their own thing going on. It will be neat to see what the first boy in that generation looks like. 

If he'll be bald headed or have some hair. Dark like his Daddy, or light complected like his Mama. I bet he won't inherit his Mama's badonkadonk hiney, that's for sure. 

Time will soon tell. Meanwhile, the prayers have been long coming that above all he will love Jesus with his whole heart. That Daddy and Mama will teach him right, and in the path of the Lord. Can't wait to share with you the meaning of his name. But you'll just have to wait to hear how the Lord brought to my attention that our little mans name has special meaning! =) 

I think the coffee is wearing off, and that Guest Bathtub I was telling you about? Yes, well I faintly hear it complaining about it's grime from the back bathroom. Faintly, but still hearing. I forgot to put in my ear plugs. 

Blessings and a beautiful week in the Lord for each of you. 
~LeAnna 

2 Thoughts On the Matter:

Jenn said...

:::sigh::: I have a "thing" for coffee mugs too and I rarely drink coffee if it's not coming to me in Starbucks cup =P Nonetheless, I love those little cups and I'm thinking of starting a collection. I wish I had a pretty hutch like the one you got off Craigslist! Why can't I ever find deals on there? Humph!

Enjoy your day mam. I'll be emailing you back shortly!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I have a love for Cool coffee mugs too..so does my dear hubby! I like big, chunky type mugs. So does my hubby...seeing a pattern here.Hmmmmmm. It's kind of funny, we'll both go for the same one!