Monday, August 4, 2008

What Up Homies?

Hey blogger peeps! How goes it on this fine Monday? Did everyone have a good weekend? Good! I feel like I'm addressing a 2nd grade class. For Pete's sake. 


Been a good Monday around these parts. Besides the fact it's been a steady 104-106 for the past several days in a row. That's hot, folks. I keep lamenting the fact that our AC runs 24/7, but then again, if it's 106 degrees outside, what else is it supposed to do? 

Saturday my sweet hubby and I spent the better portion of the morning fashioning our new nifty dandy do da of a front fence together. It's pretty shweet looking, if I do say so myself. I was in charge of measuring and marking the boards, and also sitting in the shade with my kiddie sized horizon organic chocolate milk box. I love chocolate milk. 

The fence looks like a barn door, it's made of cedar planks with two pieces of cedar criss-crossed across the front. Like, as I said, a barn door. It'll be so purdy when we stain it, and then add the metal thingies to the top. I might take a picture of it tonight when it cools down to about 95 degrees. That is if I can find the cd that has my picture program on it. I'm using the super cool office computer and it's not loaded on there yet. I also need to take pictures of our fancy shmancy new garden shed/tool barn. It's shweet as well. 

We had a sluggish weekend, over all. I started to feel kinda puny after the whole front fence incident. Not sure if it was because I was outside in the sun from 8 a.m to 11 a.m, or that it was probably 100 degrees by then, or if maybe I drank too much chocolate milk. But I was worthless the rest of Saturday and all day on Sunday. As a matter of fact (this will make you sick) I got up Sunday morning at about 8 a.m., took a shower and went to Church. I could barely hold my head up in church, and we went straight home and went to bed. We slept from 12:20 to 1:20- fixed lunch and went back to bed at 2:30 where we slept until 5:30, got up and watched some tv and laid back down from like 6:45-7:45 where I then received my 2nd wind and went grocery shopping for some snacks for B. I was up until 11:30 or so, and crashed, and slept the whole night through. 

Is that lazy or what? I couldn't help it though, I've never felt so tired in my whole life. I'm telling you, growing a baby will drain you! I thought you were supposed to get over the lethargy in the 2nd trimester. If this is how it's gonna be for me, I'm doomed to be a zombie by the 3rd trimester. 

It's also interesting that since I quit my job, I unplugged my clock (had to use the outlet  for something else one day) and have yet to plug it back in. I wake up at around 7:30-8 every morning still, but I have to admit, it's rather freeing to not be bound by a clock. Unless you need to know what time it is, then it's annoying. I guess I should plug it back in.

I drove all the way to the lab this morning in order to have my blood drawn, only to be told that without an insurance card or number I would have to pay out of pocket. Well that's peachy, I said. So I tried to get a hold of the insurance man to see if we've been assigned a number yet but he didn't return the call. So nice of him. Instead I had to leave the lab, go to my favorite bank and give them money for the car payment, grab a star*bucks and go to Kohls. Really a rotten way to start off a Monday, I mean to tell ya. 

I bought some Christmas presents at Kohls, for the nieces, because you know I have a closet that I start stocking up Christmas/Birthday presents for on the day after Christmas. So far I think I've got the majority of my nieces stuff. Kohls has the best little girls gifts. I got the cutest Bohemian earring sets for $1.60 as well as some lip glosses shaped like bonbons for the same price. I also found a bunch of cute maternity tops and a few dresses on sale, and decided that after I spent 45 minutes trying to find something to wear for Church, I should buy them. I can't believe how my hips have spread. I'm going to have to seriously exercise after this baby is born. All the women in my family are rather hippy. But, that's depressing talk so let's move on.

My sweetie pie is gone until Wednesday (boo) and he will be gone off and on for the next 3 weeks (double boo) so my sister is going to come spend some quality time with me. I'm going to see if I can talk her into tiling my shower and painting my bathroom.

HAHA.

Just kidding. 

I would like to see if she'll help me paint though. I'm not allowed to be on ladders anymore (hubby's rule) so maybe we can get the bottom half painted. I'm thinking of going with this color. I like the cool crispness of it, and plan on accenting with chocolate brown. My only issue is that it's more green than blue, and I wanted a real like turquoise-y/sea foam color, but it's hard to find a happy medium. I'm thinking by the time it's on the wall it will look like I want it to. I need to go to Wal-Mart and see what colors they have close to it. Wal-Mart paint is cheap and actually superior to brands like Behr, so I'll give it a whirl first. If they have a good color. Then maybe I can pretend that my shower is tiled and that my bathroom is finished. 

Oh! One other issue I'm trying to figure out. I have a frosted 4ft x 4ft window above my whirly tub. It is frosted, but you can still see a shadow through it and I don't like that. I really don't want my crack-head neighbors sitting out in their lawns waiting to catch a glimpse of a very large pregnant silhouette . You can't say that it wouldn't happen either, because my husband has been known to take pictures of the lady across the street mowing in her bikini (she's a size 500) and e-mail it to people like my mother. Yes, we live in a crazy addition. 

This is random, but speaking of the crack head neighbor with the pool, he and his kids were out in their pool screaming their little heads off at MIDNIGHT Friday night! I was so peeved. They weren't just splashing around having a good time, they were yelling and screaming SO loud I could hear exactly what they were saying and they are two houses down. Who does that in a neighborhood? Crack heads. That's who. I bet the man across the street called the police because he and the pool man don't get along.  Okay, end of random note. 

Anyway, I forgot what I was saying...
OH! The window. Yes, it's 48 inches by 48 inches and they don't make curtains that size. I was wanting a pretty off white eyelet that would be nice and feminine (like Jennifer's shower curtain) as it will be the only pretty feminine thing that won't be totally destroyed by my hubbies grimy fingers. So anyway, do I get a 36 inch curtain and a topper, or will that look too much like a kitchen curtain? Or I can just keep an eye out for a large piece of fabric and cut it down. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible though. Suggestions? Comments? Complaints? 

What other totally worthless news do I have to tell you? Hmm. Oh, I'm in the process of cleaning out what will be the babies room. I've transferred all of my present stash and christmas/fall decorations to the other guest closet, and have began to stack the boxes of diapers I've been collecting (thanks to target and babies r us coupons) and I've decided I have at least enough diapers to get me through the first month or two. I hear they can use 10-11 a day, and I figure I'll add some more to that before it's all said and done. The paper had pampers coupons the past two weeks (1.50) so I'm hoping Target will run another special $5 coupon soon. I even found the big boxes for 15% off on the clearance aisle. Now that I've signed up for every baby newsletter possible (pampers, huggies, luvs, etc) I get coupons in the mail often. I'm addicted. 

Kohls had baby onesies on sale too, I got a boy and a girl one because they were all of $1.80. I can't wait to find out what we're having so I can know what to get when I see it. I'm a big thrift store fanatic when it comes to kids clothes, but if I  can get a few new outfits for a few bucks each, I will. 

Brandon came in while I was working on the babies room and asked me if I needed any more twigs. Apparently he recognizes nesting when he sees it. :) He has also decided the baby will be named Bobb(y)ie Jean, Bobb(y)ie Jo, or Bobb(y)ie Ray. Every time I mention a baby name he adds Ray, Jo, Sue or, Jean to it. I told him no, No, NO, to each. He's such a turkey sometimes.

We have settled on a boy name for sure (we've had it picked out for a long while), and we have the first part of a girl name pretty much decided, it's not anything I thought it would be, but we both like it. We just need a middle name. We'll keep the name a secret till Baby Flower is born, probably from everyone, even family. I don't want to hear any opinions on it from family, and plus I think it's makes a fun surprise for everyone else. That is, of course, unless my Grandpa approaches me and tells me he's going to make a quilt with the babies name on it, and then I'll be more than happy to oblige. ;) 

Well, I think I have successfully rambled on and on about a million unimportant things. That's what blogs are for, though. Unless you think you want to be insanely rich and important in the blogosphere and then you have to rant about things people actually find amusing to read. 

That's precisely why I sell bra's on e-bay, folks, precisely. 

Love, peace and chicken grease. I'm off to find a recipe for homemade Vivanno's like Star*bucks. Yummm....

-LeAnna

2 Thoughts On the Matter:

Ranch wife said...

I was very amused by your post. It brought a chuckle to my day.
HAve you thought about using a sheet for a curtain? They have pretty ones with eyelet, and such. Just a thought.

~M~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun Monday!