My sweetie might get to come home today, and I'm thrilled!
I guess they ran out of material, and it typically takes a week or so to order in. No complaints from this gal, other than that'll mean he has to go back eventually. However, I take what I can get!
We pondered going to Dallas/Plano for the weekend. Some friends of ours are going (the ones we went on the cruise with) and they wanted us to come. However, they were planning on taking their kids to a kids water park, and then go-kart riding. I don't exactly have a great love for kiddie water parks (or any water park...) and don't think go-kart riding is on my list of accepted daily practices. As my OB informed me at the last visit "No bicycle riding, horseback riding, 4 wheeling, or contact sports..."
She's obviously never ridden a nice calm bullet proof horse, but whatever. I don't have one of those anyway. I don't think I'd want to get on my mare while pregnant. She's always been a little snot, and ya just never know what she thinks a good ride is going to be. And what am I kidding? I didn't ride her before I was pregnant. But I'm getting off the subject!
So, we thought about driving to Dallas, but decided we'd probably just enjoy being at home. Brandon might get a wild hair and decide to go last minute, especially if he comes home today and has the rest of the week to rest, but I'm going to vote for staying home. I wouldn't mind going to Dallas overnight, but I don't want to drive to Plano to stay in the same hotel our friends are staying at. They seem to think Plano is just a hop down the road from Dallas, when in reality it's more like two hops and a long slide. Give or take another hop depending on the traffic. So, give me home and some Labor Day BBQ and I'm just fine!
The guy who came and worked on the yard Monday did an excellent job! He cleaned the place right up, makes it look right perty when you go outside. That is if you secretly ignore the fact that our yard is actually composed of various species of WEEDS and not grass. It's okay. They're green weeds! He moved all of the random pieces of concrete forms and metal junk to the side of the tool shed. Glory. It's not in front of my flower bed anymore. I was rather impressed!
Not too many people you can hire for $7 bucks an hour to do all that and they're actually excited about the money. Considering while incarcerated he was working for our itty bitty cities water department, where he probably made on average a few CENTS per hour.
I think I should just open a soup kitchen and feed all the ex/former/soon to be convicts we hire. What do you think?
Okay, scratch that.
Contrary to popular belief, we do not run a halfway house. I refuse to think so. No, no, no.
But I would like to have a soup kitchen some day.
ANYWAY.
In baby news (because I know you want to know every. last. second.) Bebe Flowers is thumping around in there this morning. Some days our little Scooter (um, that's Brandon's new nickname for Bebe) just scoots around like crazy. Some days not so much. I've wondered if that has to do with my uterus being tilted toward the backbone instead of the stomach? Any thoughts on that? It made it harder for her to feel the size of it, so I wonder if it hides our little Scooter deeper? Ohhhhhhh well. The Bible did say that He formed us in the secret of our Mothers womb.
I like that.
We finally settled on a crib, and ordered it. Hooray, hooray! It's back ordered until October, so it'll be a while before we get to set it up. I actually let Brandon pick out his favorite. He likes being involved in such decisions (like picking out paint colors...)
Here's a super small picture of it.
We picked it in Cherry.
Can't wait to get it all together....
In other news of decoration, my Mom and siblings came over yesterday and we painted my master bath. I loooove it so much better now! It actually ended up having a lot of green in it and it's just perfect. I got a few rugs and hung a few pictures I had, and it looks a million times better. I can't wait to get the shower tiled so it's fully functional. I'll put pictures up when I get my other paint project done. Zach and Rachel stayed the night last night and helped me paint some lettering and the plaques I'm mounting my towel hooks to. When I get it assembled, I'll share.
Right now I better skeedaddle and fix them something for breakfast. We're also supposed to head to the Sally Hole (Salvation Army) 'cause it's half price Wednesday!
Ya'll have a great "hump day" and remember Friday is almost here!
LeAnna

2 Thoughts On the Matter:
I love your crib! I wanted to go to Amarillo this weekend, just for fun and giggles. But I don't know if we'll be able too or not. But I could live with a weekend at home, I'm going to try and paint.
I love the crib Miss Mam! It's just loverly!
Post a Comment