Well, I told you (whoever that is) there would be some pictures from the 2003 period. So long ago, you know. I remember when Y2K was a huge deal, and here it is 8, pushing 9 years later. Time flies. Looking back on these pictures brought back so many memories for me. Sure, it was only 5 years ago, and I'm sure one day 5 years will look like 1 year, but still; I was only barely 17 and it was the beginning of some crazy adventures for me. I had just graduated the year before at the ripe age of 16, started my job at the vet, got involved in my college and career group at church, dated a real idiot of a boy. Milestones in the young mind.
Now I can hardly even fathom the fact that I've been married for 2 of these past 5 years. I've been to more places than I ever went my first 19 years of life, I quit my job, we moved into a brand spankin' new house, AND we're having a baby!?!?!? I'M having a baby?!?!?!?!
Did I mention time flies?

Annabelle thinks so.
This was probably the very first picture that actually inspired me to get outside and take more.
I saw this and thought to myself- wow, this is fun.

So began my love for the lenses. I took it everywhere with me, even horseback riding. Which got me in trouble a time or two, considering the danger I put Mom's beloved digital through.
Example: Harmless trips through muddy water on an ornery horse who likes to roll.

I'm also the one to blame for sending Mom's camera to an early death because I constantly took pictures of the sun. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Back then my little brother was a brat, a cute ham of a brat. He was small and liked his picture taken.

Now, he's 13 and almost 6 foot tall, and has learned not to let girls take pictures of him. They put them on facebook.
Along with the sun, I had an obsession with taking pictures of trees trunks.
And more trunks gone sepia mode.
And shadows of trees trunks.
I would hike or ride horseback through the acreages behind my parent's land and stay for hours taking pictures of whatever I wanted to. Mom had a little sony cybershot camera that was all of 3.5 megapixels, and it took wonderful pic's for a point and shoot.
Did I mention my little brother was cute? Okay, well I guess he still is.
And apparently this was a dog/owner dress alike photo shoot. My hair matched my dogs. (that's the same Annabelle, only with her winter coat) I'm sure I barked (heh) orders out too the photographer too- "Take a picture when the light is like such and such!"
Can you tell me why most point and shoot cameras can't manage to make a straight out of the camera shot like this anymore? That is without applying 900 settings first.
That's my little sis, Rach. Looking all hippie in the field of yellow weeds.
So, 2003 was a well photographed year. Makes one feel like a photo-journalist. I'm happy to have these pictures, be it that they're only 5 years old they're chock full of memories. Warm summer evenings, and beautiful October days. Memories of gardening, and horse back rides, and alone time with God in the fields. Simple pleasures, I guess you could say. A testament to how short life is, and how little time we truly have. Love each minute, and love the people the you spend it with. Even if they are bratty little hams. Because before you know it they're 6 foot tall, and your sister is almost 17.
If you're not careful the sun won't be as warm, and the flowers won't be as bright because you'll have forgotten how to look at them, instead of past them. Through eyes of anticipation, rather than appreciation. Deep down you want your heart to be quickened at the joy of every new angle of the tree's, the depth of the grass, the smell of the wide-open air. Because inside every earnest soul there's an intense need for whatsoever things are lovely, pure, and of good report.
There is virtue, and there is praise in the beauty our Father surrounds us in, if we stop and see it. I truly believe now more than ever, that it is vital that we think on these things.
Hope ya'll have a blessed day in Christ, I'm off to take a nap and meditate on the goodness of the Lord. :)
-LeAnna









3 Thoughts On the Matter:
Great post! Loved the pictures from 03'. :)
LOVED the pics! The first one of you doesn't look too much different from now but the second one... you look so young! I graduated in 03 and I think I'll venture to say that I pretty much look the same except my hair was really REALLY long. Maybe I should post some of my 03 pics and let you guys be the judge ;)
I love what you said:
"If you're not careful the sun won't be as warm, and the flowers won't be as bright because you'll have forgotten how to look at them, instead of past them. Through eyes of anticipation, rather than appreciation."
So true. Beautiful pictures!
I LOVE the dragon fly! Great post! I'm living with anticipation today!
Blessings!
P.
Post a Comment