I thought I would share an e-mail update from my good buddy who is currently serving a ministry position over in India. She works with a small private orphanage type set-up that serves as a base camp for host families that each take up to 7 or 8 orphaned children into their homes as their own. I am amazed at how Christians are being called into a stage of such refinement. Her last paragraphs mirror what I have heard and read countless of young women say this past year. Joyfully delighting in Him as we are tested and refined. God is calling us to a deeper level, friends. He's calling us to know Him for who He is. To know the Cross for what it is. To realize that we do not need to become more comfortable in our comings and goings, but to take hold of the beauty that is cultivated from the pain of dying to our flesh daily. It isn't about our comfort, it's about less of us and more of Him. It's kind of simple. Less of us. More of Him. It's hard, too! It takes work! But wouldn't you rather cash in the heavenly blessings that come with knowing that you gave Him your everything, than to take an earthly reward? Oh, yes, He blesses us here. But, I wanna live for heavenly treasures. I want to live for the sheer joy of hearing well done, my good and faithful servant. Because THAT is everything. Kindled by the Holy Spirit and blown on by the breath of God. The Cross, the Cross, the Cross.
Whew, makes me soapboxy.
Well, we're headed to CO in the morning. My brother in-law is going to be housesitting so make sure he doesn't throw any wild parties, will ya? Tonight is my Grandma's 80th birthday party, and I have a killer dish of baked beans cooking in the oven and I'm in need of a serious nap. I better get started!
Love ya'll,
LeAnna
Nameste!
May was a roller-coaster month. You know how you start slowly, but with the anticipating of the ride ahead- then BOOM! You are flying up and down, side ways and up-side down!
Holiday Fun:
The children at the LIFE Center have been enjoying their summer holiday. While school is out we have been planning play days and outings to fill the summer. From going to Mumbai for a kid’s sports event and getting sunburned, to water gun fights, movies, and climbing a mountain this morning. I have really enjoyed being able to relate to the kids in a “non-teacher” way. Although, I miss seeing them everyday. This morning we got up before daylight to climb the small mountain near our house. The children were enthusiastic and fast climbers while we adults took our time. It was awesome to behold God’s wonderful creation as we took in the sights of the dam and lake with deep blue water and spotted our houses and the rest of the horizon. We helped ourselves to some delicious wild fruit. I love beauty and as I looked at the physical picture of being high on the mountain I looked at the children and how our Father God does more then just lift us out of the pit but enables us to climb to mountaintops and stand in awe of His love and splendor.
Tears and Joys:
This month has been a bittersweet month for me. Michelle arrived at the beginning which has been such as blessing and joy! Earlier this month, our field director, Orv, went to be with Jesus. He was a wonderful encouragement to us and invested greatly in the Kingdom. It has been hard to say goodbye but we rejoice that he is in heaven and no longer in pain. It has been a time of mourning and a time of faith at the same time
trusting that God knows what HE is doing and that HE will provide for all our needs. Even in the midst of various painful things that have happened this month both on the home front and here in India, God has been drawing me closer to Himself in a deep embrace. It’s almost like the flame in me has been re-kindled or like the breath of God blew on me. I have been set free from areas of bondage and learning how to let go and trust God for today, tomorrow and eternity even though I don’t know what that looks like. It’s not my way but His. He has given me a gift of not just being able to trust timidly but joyfully delighting in him as I walk through the tests and fires of refinement.
Petitions for the Throne Room:
* God’s way to happen in the lives of the children, parents and staff of the LIFE Center.
* Endurance in the midst of many spiritual battles.
* That God would help me through the up-coming tests and that I would continue to walk in freedom from worry and fear.
Thank you all for reading my up-dates and opening your hearts to what God
is doing here. Your prayers are effective. I have no doubt that as your prayers have gone up, blessings and help have come down for me by the HIS grace.

3 Thoughts On the Matter:
Wonderful post!
Great post missy. And a hearty amen!
~M~
That was a blessing, girl, thank you for sharing it. The deeper embrace--I cried when I read that. That's what the fires do..draw us unto Himself, burning away the selfish motivations because of a desire for simply Him. David's prayer of thirsting for Him blessed me today (Ps. 63). Because His love is better than life. :-)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...I'd call you, but it's kinda like a honeymoon thing, huh? :-) Hope you're having a wondermous time on vacation, girl!
Post a Comment