Friday, March 21, 2008

This is what happens when you have no vehicle for the day.

Greeting's, ya'll. (How do you like that for Southern comfort?) I once went to Target and they had coffee that said it was flavored with Southern Comfort, and me being a blond (after all, I was born one) and all thought "Ooh, Dr. Pepper flavored coffee!" 
Okay, so that's not true. I knew what it was. So what if there was a lady standing next to me who told me that it smelled just like her beloved Grandfathers breath. (He used to drink whiskey in his coffee of a morning.)
Remind me not to share too much information with random strangers when I get around 30, okay? I do enough of that already. 
It's picture time! Brandon took off with my car yesterday (and today!!!!) so I was left to scrap my way through life as a stay at home wife. The following is exactly why God said to go forth and multiply, because offspring make sure you have no time to do any of what I did yesterday. One day these words will haunt me, so I'm going to enjoy my lack of obligations while I can. It's SO foreign though. I've been married nearly two years and I still expect my Mom to come popping in to tell me that I'm wasting time and could surely be doing something, like folding laundry, or sweeping out the garage, or even cleaning the refrigerator. Only, I would get $2-4 when I did a mega-clean on the fridge at home. Simply because my Mom hates/loathes/detests cleaning out the refrigerator, therefor was willing to toss a few dollars to the one who would. I think she did that to motivate US to ask if the fridge needed cleaned, that way she could forget about it all together. I cleaned my fridge out a week or so ago, and I did not get paid $2. So, quite frankly, I don't know where I was going with all of that. 

Beware, there is a disturbing image ahead. I think it's funny if you can already see it, even though I'm trying to give a warning. You just never know how these things are spaced out. I mean, there are so many variables, like, how big you have your screen open, etc. And so on. And so forth. Have you ever wondered what it looks like when you spay a cat? I do, I can practically preform the entire surgery in my sleep. So, here's a peek. I'm considering turning it into a series of blogs, so just you wait. I'm sure you're soooo excited. You see, my Boss is headed to good ol' California in April to do some sort of Veterinary Surgeon something-something conference, and his colleagues asked him to take pic's of what we do day-to-day because (quote) "You're bringing Oklahoma to California!" (end quote) I nearly laughed when I heard that, because Oklahoma doesn't have much to offer to a state where the avocados are not only big and green, but everywhere. We have dirt. Red dirt. Anyway, so it was my job on Wednesday (besides from cleaning out the filthy nasty mess of one dogs cage) to take pictures galore of the clinic, and doc, and animals, oh, and the pizza place across the street? And take pictures, I did. Like, fifty! The moral of the story here, when your boss says he's going to sunny California where he's right off the ocean, where he's going to go whale watching, and eat avocados, and fresh fish everyday. Tell him to be quiet until he has enough money to take everyone! 


Do you know what that is? It's a horn of the feline uterus, just one. Freshly clamped. Ready to tie off. That little nub at the end is one ovary. Nice and plump, fairly average. This one is fixing to come into heat, that's why it's all plump looking. Fascinating, no? 


Hm, anyway. I made bread yesterday, while I was housewifing. You remember that sourdough starter? Well, it made this:


See the frothy goodness? I also made a 100% wild-yeast loaf, and it looked like an awful scary site, but tasted nice and sour like sourdough is supposed to taste. I was proud. I was tired. Baking bread like that is a pain in the rear, not to mention, if I keep making it once a week my rear is going to get big. And then you'll have to call me lardo. 


It's spring! It's spring! Yesterday was the first day of SPRING! My flower beds are coming around nicely, the pansies have recovered from their winter chill, and see those tulips coming up in the back? They'll be so pretty whenever they bloom. Just ignore the fact that I don't have any grass and my yard is nothing but mud, will you? Please? Pretend it's lush and green and that there are Easter eggs hiding in it? I beg you. Every time I look out the office window, I can't tell where my yard ends and the neighbors brick house begins, because they're the same color. 

Oh, that's RJ. Devil kitty. Free- kitty- to- good- home-kitty. He really likes the computer. I guess because it's warm, I've found him curled up on it multiple times. Bad kitty isn't supposed to be on the desk! I really don't like cats, not one bit. I'm ready to get rid of him. Selah. 

Well, I reckon I'd better jump in the shower, and then perhaps I'll fix my hair today. Seems like here lately it's been just so much easier to throw it in a clip or something, but that's lazy. Besides, I'm going shopping today! If my husband will bring back my car. I told him he had to be back by noon, because I just MUST go find something for Easter. Like candy. Plus, we're having Easter lunch at our house, and I'm making Pioneer Woman carrot cake, and some sort of lemon dessert. Oh, and salad. And bread. And creamed corn. And there will be ham n' potatoes n' peas ' porkchops n' stuff. Glory. 

Prayin' you all have a blessed Resurrection weekend! Remember the goodness of the Lord and how He sent His son to die for us, and raised Him up just the same. I think the solemness of His death teaches us the importance of humility in regards to our sin, and the great joy of His resurrection brings us the hope that came to us through salvation! Praise Him for that. 

Love,
LeAnna

1 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lardo,
Just kidding! Don't hit me! :P
I love how you started out with the picture of the cats surgery,and then jumped to bread! Talk about random! Lol,anyway it made me laugh. Have fun shopping, and hope ya'll have a happy Easter!