...through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principals of this world rather than on Christ. Colossians 2:8
A friend of mine, and I are doing a little Bible study for the next couple of weeks, and the above scripture has been relevant to me this weekend. You see, as of late I feel like I've been slugging through a dry and weary desert. I want so badly to belong to a group of believers that are truly interested in growing in the grace and knowledge of Christ. I want the Word, and the Word only!
On the front page of Yahoo yesterday, there was an article on Joel Osteen, A Mega Church & He Doesn't Preach God! That caused me to get on youtube and do a little researching for some video clips, and such. I always knew Joel Osteen was a false teacher, never doubted it once. I had been hearing a lot lately about Billy Graham also, but hadn't really researched any exact quotes or video clips to hear for myself what he is doing in his final days as an evangelist. Wow. How one can go from preaching the Truth, to basically denying it, I'll never know. Is it a world of hardened hearts that callouses one so? Is it an idealist nature that wants to believe all men will be saved? Is it just deception for the "wise" who fall into foolishness? Or does it prove (and excuse the layman terms) you can't hobnob with the world and not expect it to snag you up in it's snare? It's really quite sobering to hear these things, and I would encourage you to pray before going view-happy on this site, as there are some things said (Especially on the Larry King interviews) where you hear a whirlwind of "views". I am not familiar with John MacArthur, or his core beliefs, but in the interviews most popular on the site, he is the only one who presents the Gospel as Christ, and the Truth. I am absolutely amazed at the responses of people claiming to be Christ followers! I'm amazed at the replies to these clips, and of people's very shaded arguments. The come-backs that are not anything scriptural, and so very shallow in their standings. The Lord help us, because the Truth is being watered down until it's substance is nothing more than a weak broth. I pray our Father raises up in us a standard of believers that will not waiver in the Faith. (Colossians 1:23) That we might be rooted, and established in His Word.
In other news, someone egged our house last night. I don't know why kids have to do dumb stuff like that. I'm assuming it was kids, anyway. It kind of looked like they may have even threw them from the road, rather than pulling into the addition. Rather frustrating, but nothing can be done about it, if they were caught I think the fine is 1200.00, but I don't even know when it was. I recall hearing a lot of the neighborhood dogs barking at around 11 p.m. and that usually means something is out prowling around...
Anyway, this is just a little blurb for the weekend. Brandon is getting ready, and I think we might go somewhere. :) Ya'll have a blessed weekend in the Lord!
-LeAnna
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bx29MRL4L6c&feature=related

1 Thoughts On the Matter:
Hey girl! I am sooo bad at checking your blog here! Sorry. :( How are ya'll feeling?!?! I hope everyone is better now!
I am sorry your house got egged, that's really rude. I hope the little brats are caught!
Your kitty is... a kitty (you thought I was gonna say cute didn't ya?!? hehe). Who's idea was it to get him?? :-D I'm with you all the way on not being a cat person. The little fur balls. I'd take a dog anyday! Ohhh funny story!
The women Jake is engaged to LOVES cats, yeah, totally loves them.. And he's as much, if not more of a cat disliker than I am... Well, he has these two huge dogs, and Jennie's (that's his women's name) $150 kitty jumped in the dog pin... and yeah, you guessed it, they used kitty as a chew toy till it stopped kicking. Well, Jennie gets home from work and my dumb brother!! Can you believe he said "How much did ya like that cat?!?" hahahahahha (yeah I was nearly crying from laughing so hard as he was telling me this) and she was like "WHY?!?" and he said "well, the dogs sorta turned her into a chew toy and she's history" muhhahahahaha *wipes tears* that's a good one huh!? :-D Needless to say, Jennie was NOT happy at all.
Well, I better get some sleep. I am due tomorrow, buy baby seems more than happy to stay where it's at. Woe is me! I hope all is well! Love ya!
~Sarah
Post a Comment