Monday, November 19, 2007

Some Thanksgiving Recipes

Sweet Potato Casserole II


3

cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (I prefer Martindale brand) or 1 (28 ounce) can yams, mashed (I prefer Martindale brand)

2

eggs, beaten

1

cup sugar

1/2

cup milk

1/4

cup margarine, melted

1/2

teaspoon vanilla

1/2

teaspoon salt

TOPPING

1

cup brown sugar

1/3

cup flour

2

tablespoons margarine, melted

1

cup nuts, chopped

  1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 x 9 pan.
  2. Combine ingredients and pour into prepared casserole.
  3. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle mixture evenly over sweet potatoes.
  4. Bake for 35 minutes.




Pecan Caramel Cheesecake


1 1/4

cups graham cracker crumbs

1/4

cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/3

cup butter or margarine (MELTED)

14

ounces caramels (UNWRAPPED)

1/2

cup half-and-half

3

tablespoons half-and-half, creamo

1

cup chopped pecans (, TOASTED)

3 (8

ounce) packages cream cheese (SOFTENED)

1 (14

ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

3

eggs

1

teaspoon vanilla


pecan halves (OR PIECES FOR GARNISH)


  1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 300 DEGREES.
  2. COMBINE CRUMBS, SUGAR AND BUTTERAND PRESS INTO 9 INCH SPRINGFORM PAN.
  3. RESERVE 10 CARAMELS.
  4. IN SAUCEPAN, COMBINE REMAINING CARAMELSAND 1/2 CUP CREAMO.
  5. OVER MED-LOW HEAT, COOK AND STIR TILL MELTED AND SMOOTH.
  6. STIR IN CHOPPED PECANS AND SPREAD OVER CRUST.
  7. BAKE 15 MINUTES AND COOL.
  8. IN MIXING BOWL BEAT CREAMCHEESE TILL FLUFFY.
  9. GRADUALLY BEAT IN CONDENSED MILK TILL SMOOTH.
  10. ADD EGGS AND VANILLA AND MIX WELL.
  11. POUR INTO PAN.
  12. BAKE 1 HOUR OR UNTIL SET.
  13. (CENTER WILL BE SLIGHTLY SOFT).
  14. COOL.
  15. IN SMALL SAUCEPAN OVER LOW HEAT, COOK AND STIR RESERVED CARAMELS WITH REMAINING 3 TBSP.
  16. CREAMO UNTIL MELTED AND SMOOTH.
  17. IMMEDIATELY SPRED OVER CAKE. Garnish with nuts, chill overnight.

Yum, I'm making these two for Thanksgiving dinner, along with Brandon's favorite broccoli, snow pea, tortellini salad.

Meanwhile, the mystery rash is still here and has now spread to my foot, chin, and knee. I did some online research, as well as had my boss take a look and we've come to the conclusion that it's a random viral rash. How weird is that??? I hope it goes away soon, I'm gonna get up early Friday and do some Christmas shopping if I feel like it. :)

Have a great Tuesday!!!
-LeAnna

1 Thoughts On the Matter:

Anonymous said...

Yum,the recipies sound delightful!
My minutes rolled over today,so you can call anytime! ;) I was actually thinking about calling you today or tomorrow. :)
I hope that rash clears up...I had a weird thing on my neck and wrist a few weeks ago.But it went away overnight.